Topic: 0.5.1 released!

As is our established tradition after a major release, 0.5.1 is a maintenance release with some graphical touch-ups and numerous bugfixes. The server browser has received a whole heap of improvements, as has the voting system. The OSX Server launcher has been fixed, network performance has been improved further, and we fondly greet our good friend VSync back in business. As a little bonus, the in-game console now has an autocomplete feature and provides helpful hints for all console commands and settings.

Download Teeworlds 0.5.1!

Re: 0.5.1 released!

nice smile thank you very much for bugfixes !!!

Network performance has been improved A LOT! You can now actually pwn the game using carrier pigeons!
Thanks for supporting this great game with such awesome dedication.

4 (edited by lolowizzz 2009-01-25 16:17:48)

finaly i can play 0.5 big_smile thx

~ Strike while the iron is hot
maps: ctfjale , dmjale
skins:  Nova Blast , Katana Lightsaber (with sound)

kthxbai

Really nice. Console improved too, it's easier now. wink

Hooker's collection of the most Tee-ish skins!
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39896

Wow, that was damn fast!

*clap clap*

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

That was quick, indeed. Great work!

me too ^^
Good work devs

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

Wow very quick. o.0
Nice.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

10 (edited by Nikita 2009-01-25 17:24:04)

what do in setting ?
sv_command ....

Aah well, my gfx compilation is just going in the 2nd round smile

That was pretty fast, I thought you guys had a alot to do. I hope the minor bugs are really fixed...

A wise man told his fellow FPS gamers once: "god forbid any of you going into war"

thx so much :-) on MacOS X 0.5.0 was unplayable, thx to the bugfixes, 0.5.1 is :-D yeehaaa thx!

Nice, that was incredibly fast. I love this new version. big_smile

i also like the improved remote console, well done !

by `aka~ Destiny'
Teeworlds-Server: www.destinyhas.gotdns.com:8302

Nice work! Now we're talking big_smile

realy nice work i love this game smile

Lazor is usable once again. Yeeeeha pew pew pew

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

hey!
fast update ^^
and the new console is rly sexy xD

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991

Yeah yeah, great !
The ninja-skin-by-default was the only bug I wanted fixed, and it is. Thank you verry much ! smile

Best game ever, seriously !

great work! Thanks! smile

Nice work but the only thing what I miss are bots!!!

PLz Make Bots

The Teeworlds team distances itself from any kind of automated gameplay. You will have to rely on the community to get these features done. // ~{MS}~ Azon

I think to create a bot is one of the hardest things you can do.
You have to code an AI and have to create a "random" chance whether to shoot to an enemy or not.
If you create a bot which doesn't follow any rules, no real player has a chance to win against the bot wink

~ Chris

Chrisber wrote:

You have to code an AI and have to create a "random" chance whether to shoot to an enemy or not.
If you create a bot which doesn't follow any rules, no real player has a chance to win against the bot wink

~ Chris

Depends on which weapon the bot has.

I honestly can't see a bot handle a grenade launcher in any abusive way, as it requires quite a bit of prediction to hit somebody (at a long range).

EIther way, making an AI that uses the hook in a decent way is probably near impossible. So I doubt it's high on the priority list smile .

24 (edited by Franchan 2009-03-15 21:13:29)

suiraclaw wrote:
Chrisber wrote:

~ Chris

Depends on which weapon the bot has.

I honestly can't see a bot handle a grenade launcher in any abusive way, as it requires quite a bit of prediction to hit somebody (at a long range).

EIther way, making an AI that uses the hook in a decent way is probably near impossible. So I doubt it's high on the priority list smile .

There was a thread about it and the develper of the bots made some really strong ones but the thread hasn't been touched for 2 months and the bots are for 4.3.

[the bots dont hook properly but they dont have to run. they kill you with 100% accuracy [i think with pistols and lasers] so the actual challange to creating bots is to have bots that can predict grenade trajectory and the ability to miss targets]

25 (edited by Azon 2009-03-17 00:30:28)

Let's not over complicate things, whenever somebody asks about 'bots' it's best to say that:

a) Functional bots don't exist, and probably never will.
b) Developers have stated that they don't really care.
c) Teeworlds is a multiplayer game that should be played by people with people, bots would be the most inefficient investment the game could make in it's future. It would take too much time, drag people away from the community and cause ten times more work in debugging and supporting it. It would jeopardize the quality of future developments and therefor be a threat to the game's success.