1 (edited by GLL_Crymson 2008-01-06 12:59:17)

Topic: TDM Team balancing.

Hello,

you know this?: You are playing a fine 5v5 or 4v4 match (public) and then.. wooops, it's a 3v7 match (winning-Team joining and so on)..

I think you should add an ability, that other guys can't join the other Team, when the Teams are already balanced.

Hope you guys understand me. smile
And if there is somewhere a comment from the developers about it, i didnt see it. Sorry.

GLL_Crymson

2 (edited by munyul 2008-01-06 12:55:38)

Re: TDM Team balancing.

Yeah, the option to join a team could be disabled when they are unbalanced.

So if Red = 3 and Blue = 4, the option to join blue will be disabled, so a new player can only join red. Once the teams are even (4 v 4) new players can join either team.

That would force a balance...

The same amount of players isn´t neccessairly the most balanced option, since some players are a lot stronger than some other players. I don´t think solving balance issues by limiting player´s freedom is the right way too go.

Small subtle things could be all good though. Like when a new tee joins the server it could automatically start out in the team that had the fewest tees, and if they were equally many, in the team with the lowest score. Stuff like that.

How about an optional sorted team builder option? (sv_sortedteams=1)

After each match/round the players are sorted into new teams based on their individual scores!?

For example:

Red             Blue
Player1 18   Player5 20
Player2 17   Player6 16
Player3 15   Player7 7
Player4 14   Player8 4

Based on these scores the players "could" be resorted as follows:

Red             Blue
Player5 (1)   Player1 (2)
Player6 (4)   Player2 (3)
Player3 (5)   Player4 (6)
Player8 (8)   Player7 (7)

A zig-zag sorting pattern, good/bad idea?

sounds pretty cool.

Disagree. What if player wants to play simultana againt 4 others?

ThePuMa Clan

turning the join other team option on and off should be up to the guys running the servers

my name is NOT clasic_traveller_die its CLASIC_TRAVELLER_DIEHARD classic traveller is a si-fi rpg from the same era as dungens and dragons lookit up on wikipedia smile

Agree

ThePuMa Clan

That is why I said:

How about an optional sorted team builder option? (sv_sortedteams=1)  tongue wink