Re: Unfriendly Players

I don't, I stopped calling people names when I lost a point in a game somewhere around third grade.

27 (edited by snowball 2008-01-28 11:48:46)

@Magnet
I think the (1) idea is kinda good, but why not merge it with the vote system that is upcoming? In Warsow, callvote kick works very well (well, it doesn't, if the server admin blocked this kind of vote or set passing minimum vote percentage to 90 % or so, but these are quite rare). However, something like /ignore or /mute should be as well.

Take a look at my posts with ideas:
Hammer+charge * Headshots smile * Yet Another Energy Gun * Map scrolling

yes unmannered players sux in online games.But wait,there is one very good solution for that which i discovered over years of experience.u just change team and u PWN them hard. I have YET to see an unmannered player play better than the average 15year old

Teetrix - the world's first teewars fragmovie

it happens all the time :S

Maybe if you're the server owner/ operator you can use IRC commands as matricks suggested. Like /kick or something. smile

No, that is not me; it's just a figment of your imagination.

ooooh thats cool
(Teetees banned)

Yeah, he is an idiot anyways. And you sir like Drum & Bass. I like!

bullet wrote:

Yeah, he is an idiot anyways. And you sir like Drum & Bass. I like!

cheers~

Please refrain from making derogatory comments about other community members, no matter how you may personally feel about them. We're all about the warm and fuzzy in here.

Of course teetow, I'm sorry.

Personally I get a good laugh when someone insults me on Teewars. tongue

Not to barge in here, but I don't enjoy swearing or insults at all, I believe it to be vile/ rude. Just another question, not to probe here, but why was Teetees banned?

38 (edited by ShootMe 2008-02-24 00:16:05)

he asked to be banned.
http://www.teewars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=557

Oh, I don't get it... oh well. smile

This whole topic is about insulting others. Wow. So...here is my opinion on the topic. Those of you who get pwned by somebody better then you, you should not lash out. It isn't the other person's fault that they are better. Besides, learn from them. Make the good people you friends, not your enemies. Unless they themselves are jerks. Then...just be quiet and leave them alone. Besides, real tees are not bullies, they are just nice heads with feet sticking out from somewhere...that can somehow hold a gun with their head, so ya. Real tees are nice tees. That's all there is too it.

o_0 Magix 0_o

Tees have hands and this topic is not about how people insult others when they get pwnt. yikes

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

To be honest, I am really fed up with the German lolkids. As I speak a bit of German I can at least identify the swearwords. Since I play teeworlds my German swearwords-vocabulary has enormous increased: "Huso, Wixxer, Spacko, Kackboon, etc." are quite normal to read on a Server. "looooooooool ey man ey alder" I think it's very interesting that only German roxxor-lol-kiddies swear. May be it's the German arrogant culture, as they don't speak English as well.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

landil: it's a wierd youth-generation here in germany... but there are also enough people talking normal wink (but these don't play much teeworlds, I think ^^ )

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

No really, let this thread stay dead and forgotten.
It have been inactive for five months!

Don't poke the sleeper wink

Used to be very active waay back

The guys who go round offending people usually have nothing to do and just decide do go annoy other players.
i know i just sound like a teacher or a parent but they are just wasting their own bloody time.
maybe you should just pity them for being a jerk.
oh, and if BallstiX reads this...
you have no right to find pleasure out of others misery, and i hope you fall in a hole and die, or are badly injured... you know, whatever suits you.

/\/!n]@

FireArrow wrote:

No really, let this thread stay dead and forgotten.
It have been inactive for five months!

and it goes on and on and on and ...

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

Well some people seem to need a place to air their anger. So it does have its a social function, even if its not an impetus for anybody to something about it.

/\/!n]@, I don't think you can tell anybody he plays the game "wrong". Altough so many people try to do that to people. And wasting time, in what way is playing the game in a normal way not wasting time?

I for one notice this at several hard levels (like the fly levels) people who try and fail and fail again, at one point flip over and instead of trying to get to the goal only disturb other players.

As far as i can see from the Docs section, an optional player registration is planned. So why not give a server admin the possibility to only allow registred players on the server? People tend to do less flaming etc when they're not that anonymous and don't want to get account-banned (e.g. because they have permanent stats / archievments that they can't get by simply registering a new account).
Of course these people could still create a new account and use this but then the person would have to come to the server with the intention to ruin the game for the people, and that's very rare (i hope).

i think that the player registration is kinda not needed that badly. Because we get the ban functionality so u can ban bad person by ip.

but ppl would behave different if their account gets a lifetime ban on a server

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!