Re: What should we focus on.

LazyDog wrote:

Also maybe a server setting for ninja rope length.

Fair points, but having the grappling hook length as a server setting wouldn't be beneficial to the gameplay. Maneuverability and map design are symbiotic - if you alter one, you have to alter the other.

As for your other points, I basically agree. I personally have a background as a Tribes2 and Q3CTF player, and I hope to bring that spirit to Teewars, and give the team-based multiplayer modes the attention they deserve.

LazyDog wrote:

But honestly I think the most important thing at this point isnt new features. I think the lag and movement delay needs even more tweaking. At this point I can’t really get the dm feeling of this game because of the small delay. I still love it but I just can’t get that feeling.  :S

This requires client side prediction which is not that easy to do but it's on the schedule. It can add a lot of strange bugs but I will consider it to 0.3.0 because people have requested it.

28 (edited by LazyDog 2007-08-17 11:45:00)

Jepp when giving it a second thought your right about the "server side ninja rope thing" teetow.

I know these things can be damn hard to tweak matricks and client side predicition is hardcore smile
Anyway it would be really cool if teewars had it but i know its allot to ask for.
Another thing about that.. I just played at my friends computer and his delay is not half as long and frustrating
as mine. Can it be something local on my machine perhaps.

LazyDog wrote:

Another thing about that.. I just played at my friends computer and his delay is not half as long and frustrating
as mine. Can it be something local on my machine perhaps.

Maybe, it works fine on mine. Haven't noticed any delay at all.
Macbook Pro - OS X 10.4.10

30 (edited by jinzo 2007-08-18 00:43:22)

So after playing my first fights, I must say, this game has feature. What would I like to see in the game ?
1) A way of showing statistici n game
2) Team support ( so users can group in teams )
3) Better server browser ( so you could see who's playing... )
4) Longer chain
5) Bigger maps
6) More wepons ( the gun that would slow down player, or flametrower .. )
7) Ability to change wepons with my mouse scrool / next wepon button

But this game has a bright feature smile

Smaller text in the browser could be cool too smile

Slayer

It's hammering time!

jinzo wrote:

So after playing my first fights, I must say, this game has feature. What would I like to see in the game ?
1) A way of showing statistici n game
2) Team support ( so users can group in teams )
3) Better server browser ( so you could see who's playing... )
4) Longer chain
5) Bigger maps
6) More wepons ( the gun that would slow down player, or flametrower .. )
7) Ability to change wepons with my mouse scrool / next wepon button

But this game has a bright feature smile

1) Emoticons is coming in 0.3.0
2) TDM and CTF also scheduled for 0.3.0
3) Yeah, scheduled for 0.3.0 as well.
4) Not so sure about this one. Gonna rant about it
5) More maps + increased player cap to 16 is planned
6) Yup, at least a sniper weapon is coming, beyond that, we don't know yet
7) Common request, will be in 0.3.0

Woha cool, any eta on 0.3.0 or "it's done when it's done" ? smile

I think the chain is good as it is. I want password to be enabled on the servers and ofc teamplay (I know you're working on it). And water on the maps that you die of if you fall in it big_smile Like in worms.

jinzo wrote:

Woha cool, any eta on 0.3.0 or "it's done when it's done" ? smile

When it's done smile

Some kind of power-ups/modifiers would be cool. Like, temporary double damage, low-grav, gravity reverser, etc.

You should add Teams because it would be nicer to play in a team against oponents.

Boriss wrote:

You should add Teams because it would be nicer to play in a team against oponents.

The 0.3.0 release focuses on team play so it will be there.

39 (edited by Razor 2007-08-21 20:28:49)

Server console (RCON), ability to kick/ban players - preferred!

Don't make the chain longer! It's fine as it is! Making it longer will only take away the challenge of maneuvering across a map, which still gets easy after a few games. Possibly also reducing the general speed of the game, due to the longer time it would take to traverse the chain.

Would'nt it nerf the shotgun, taking away some of the range advantage towards the hammer too?

vetrox wrote:

Don't make the chain longer! It's fine as it is! Making it longer will only take away the challenge of maneuvering across a map, which still gets easy after a few games. Possibly also reducing the general speed of the game, due to the longer time it would take to traverse the chain.

The game being fast paced is part of what makes it so fun. You could, however, just reduce the speed at which the grappler draws you in. That would both make it easier too learn using the hook, leave more room for fun swinging moves and make it less powerful for moving fast. Though it being so fast means that it can be used for dodging, which is fun, so I´m a bit thorn.

42 (edited by zachman 2007-08-25 21:17:00)

Small details for the game. (In my perspective, things may have been said earlier that ive missed. If it so happens that I have typed an idea somone already had, good job!)
General;
* Sword respawn; to make less camping / humping on the respawn platform. Why not make 3 platforms it can randomly respawn to?
* Console; Making a console for chat log, maybe even damage log. Would be appreciated in my point of view. Chat can be very important; and if  your in a sticky situation, you might not have time to read the chat.
* Minimap; Shows a little minimap in the left down corner. Revieling not the hole map, just a little bit out of your view. A small round circel, coloured with the players tee. Works in both directions; either if your looking for a fight, nor having low hp and wanna run away in a safe direction to power up.
* Server list; See who is playing (Been said.)

Weapon;
* Magnet gun; "Steals your opponents weapon, in an eyeglitch." - You only got one shot. You will take the weapon the opponent wields atm, immune against the club (Made of wood, not anything a magnet gun can steal).  The respawn time will work as the Sword, 3 different locations respawn platforms. Would get fun in an intense fight to steal your opponents rocket launcher / shotgun if you dont have any weapon, to instantly change who is the underdog, or to disarm your opponent from their weapon.

nuff said atm. Hope you like some of the ideas. Dont make the map destroyable (areas) will destroy some of its feeling.

EDIT: Quickswap, so you can swap weapon while "shooting" for exampel; when shooting a rocket from the rocket launcher you cant swap until the animation is complete / you cant swap directly after you have shot an rocket, if you wanna speed the game up this will be a big oppertunity to increase its speed so you can swap and change between the weapons faster while shooting.

Pen.

im definitely putting my vote in for the fixing of lag and movement delay etc. its really disconcerting and really takes away from my ability to enjoy the game.

Yeah, it would be nice too be able too play against americans and maybe even Australians on even terms.

Dreamy wrote:

Yeah, it would be nice too be able too play against americans and maybe even Australians on even terms.

We Americans accept your challenge provided you wake up in the middle of the night so we can play at a time that is convenient for us. ;-)

I think a great idea (with the production of CTF) could be CTF specific maps!
A thing u may have noticed with the grapple, is that long distances can be covered very quickly and it is quite hard to shoot and kill these fast moving targets. So a nice large map with little grappling surfaces would really make CTF interesting and challenging.
And colour coded teams, but i think thats on everyonez mindzz lol..

Just some other ideas:

*Alternate melee weapons for team in CTF:  a baseball bat that does minimal damage but sends teams flying back away from base?
*A gungame style game (as in counter strike). Players begin with a lower end weapon and progressively use different weapons as their kill score increases.

Hope this helps
See you round,
Rochey

47 (edited by rochey 2007-08-31 08:44:56)

zachman wrote:

General;
* Sword respawn; to make less camping / humping on the respawn platform. Why not make 3 platforms it can randomly respawn to?
* Minimap; Shows a little minimap in the left down corner. Revieling not the hole map, just a little bit out of your view. A small round circel, coloured with the players tee. Works in both directions; either if your looking for a fight, nor having low hp and wanna run away in a safe direction to power up.

I disagree,
i dont think there is an issue with camping, due to the nature of gameplay.
Camping in teewars can only serve to disadvantage the camper, leaving them as a 'sitting duck'. They cant reach more ammo/health/armour and are only open to attacks. If anything the sword should be harder to gain, or perhaps earnt after a killing spree of 3 or so?

But yes, minimap would be awesome.

I've started the work on client side prediction yesterday because it seems like a lot of people want it now. It works now but there is still stuff that needs to be done. Having higher latency will still be at disadvantage but not as much as before. A lot easier to move around with latency and the controls feels more responsive overall.

More server setting.  CTF of course. I will also try to keep my US server on but with my massive downloading its hard lol.

Fubar wrote:

More server setting.  CTF of course. I will also try to keep my US server on but with my massive downloading its hard lol.

What kind of server settings do you want?