Topic: Clan Arena

Hoi zäme,

Have you guys considered a Clan Arena (CA) mode? This mode of play would be great fun in Teewars!

To explain what CA is:

- 2 teams (Red v Blue)
- Each player spawns with max health, max armor & all weapons (minus Ninja).
- No items spawn in the map!
- When you are killed you enter spectator mode and stay in spectator mode until the round is complete.
- A round is complete when all players from one team are eliminated!
- The team that has a player left at the end of a round wins the round and gets one point. All players then respawn (including those that hadn't died) and then after a short count down (5 seconds?) the next round starts.
- Any players that join the server during a round, starts in spectator mode until that round is completed.

Once a team has reached X points the server loads the next map (multiple rounds per map).

Cheers,

Re: Clan Arena

Haha, i think of it for loooooog time :]

aka oop²

Like CS?

yeh, kinda, and exactly like Clan Arena on War§ow which imo is the funniest gamemode there.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Chi11y wrote:

yeh, kinda, and exactly like Clan Arena on War§ow which imo is the funniest gamemode there.

That's what I based it on... Clan Arena in Warsow is great and I believe it would work well in Teewars as well smile

Plz dev's ... bring it on!

Warsow didn't invent Clan Arena by the way ... D:

Grumly wrote:

Warsow didn't invent Clan Arena by the way ... D:

I know ... and I never said that it did wink

The correct term is "Last Team Standing".

would be nice

Yea, sounds awesome smile.

Stroganoff: Wikipedia says it's "Team LMS".

Honestly I don't care what you want to call it ... Team LTS (Last Tee Standing) wink

Whatever ... lets just hope that it gets implemented, it would be fun smile

lol Last Tee Standing big_smile

Teewars Clan Arena (TCA)

- Gameplay proceeds in round form
- Two teams participate, a Red and Blue team
- Teams can have 1 or more players each
- Rounds end when every player on one team is fragged
- Players score individual points based on how many frags they score
- Teams score based on how many rounds they win
- Play ends when one team reaches a pre-determined score

Note: I havent mentioned classes because there simply arent enough weapons in Teewars to facilitate them

great !

German Player - Bad English :x

the only thing left is to, you know, do it tongue

17 (edited by mucha 2008-01-23 20:21:44)

Wheeze big_smile Yeah, but isn't it worth some work?

ThePuMa Clan

@dev's does this mode have a chance of making it into 0.4? or at all into the game in the future??

I still believe it would be a lot of fun smile

Itd be sweet to see implemented, but i think it would only be compatible with special "CA" maps, hiding equipment in currents maps would probably be too hard.

maybe you can implement classes. i mean, you could choose of rocket launcher and shotgun... in my oppinion it could be a improvement...

Urban Terror calls this mode Team Survivor, but LTS does have a ring to it. smile

Yeah, I've thought about having it in Teewars before and I guess it would be nice, but like Raph says, the current maps are a little too small [you'd meet with the enemy team too soon] and don't offer enough paths to the enemy [not much room for surprise or strategy]. With a bit of work, it could become a very popular mode, though.

I think TCA is a better name smile

As for classes, heres what i got:

Scout
- Pistol
- Hammer
- Hook
- Faster than other classes
- No armour

Camper
- Sniper
- Hammer
- Slow
- No hook
- Low health
- No armour

Heavy
- Nade launcher
- Shotty
- Full health and armour
- No hook
- Really slow

Soldier
- Shotty
- Pistol
- Hook
- Average speed
- Half health
- Half armour

That list has smaller games, like 3v3 or 4v4, in mind. Id like to see a few more weapons so that more classes could be thought up - with HUGE 10v10 games big_smile On bigger, more open maps, That set up would be enormously fun big_smile

23 (edited by ShootMe 2008-02-13 02:57:24)

Teewars Clan Arena(TCA) is not very meaningful and it shouldn't be the name as clans have nothing to do with the game type. The name should be as clear and meaningful as possible, Last Tee Standing(LTS) is exactly what the game play is and should be named so. Moreover, LTS has extensions of both DM and TDM gametypes. Therefore, if the new gametypes come out in new releases the new gametypes could be:
LTS for DM LTS
TLTS for TDM LTS

As for classes, I don't know if we should turn TW's into TFC, but that is up the devs.

Overall this gametype and a few others could give more options for gameplay in teewars and I think it would be nice to have them.

The other thing devs should implement when implementing new gametypes is a gametype rotation like a map rotation, that way a server doesnt have to be a single gametype but it can rotate from one to another as play goes on as such:

sv_maprotation=dm1 ctf2 lts1 dm6
sv_gamerotation=dm ctf lts tdm

would be very useful

or you could callvote gametypes smile

Last Tee Standing isnt even accurate to describe the gametype. Considering the theory is that its TEAM based, It would rarely come down to the last Tee standing. LTS as "Last Team Standing" has no connection to Teewars whatsoever. TCA, Teewars Clan Arena, leaves no doubt in the minds of the casual player that the gametype is specific to Teewars.

Point made.

More specifically the gametype is survivor, which applies to both DM and TDM games. However last tee standing is just more of a cute name than survivor for teewars since they are cute little buggers with guns. Since survivor applies to both DM and TDM games, there is no point in having two different names when base gameplay is the same just that in the team version it's last team and not last person. And how does last team standing have no connection to teewars? If that was true then team deathmatch(TDM) has no connection to teewars either. Teewars is not a "clan" based game and clan arena does not describe the survivor aspect as clearly as last tee standing, deathmatch survivor, or team deathmatch survivor.