1 (edited by Magnet 2008-12-07 21:47:55)

Topic: How good is your clan? How brave are you?

Fellow tees,

Since the most ancient times in the teeworlds, tees have been fighting among themselves. We have to admit that is what we do best. During the savage era of the teewars, to wage those bloody battles we have come to unite under the banner of different clans.

What was the goal of those clans, you might ask? Sun Tee once wrote in the famous Art of Teewar:
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will fight without danger in battles.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
And if you know yourself and your teemates, you will reach victory.

Yes, a clan is the occasion to play with your teemates, to improve your teemplay and fight against other clans. Yes, this is the true meaning of life for tees of all race, religion or creed.

A clan has to fight for its honor. A clan has to show its strength.
But how might one clan achieve this, you might ask?

The Master Tee Cup announces the Capture the Flag (CTF) tournament!

The very best tees know there is only ONE way to determine the strength of a clan as a teem. Only one way to prove that a teem is more than simply the sum of its members. Only one way to show your bravery and engage your honor on the line.

Will you accept the challenge?

All TeeWorlds clans are invited to participate in the CTF tournament!

The tournament will start after the release of Teeworlds 0.5, in early 2009. Logically, it will be on a winter map, ctf2 that these fights will take place. They will be consisting of 6vs6 fights.

It is widely recognized among wise and powerful Tees that ctf2 offers the best quality of game, and that 6vs6 is the sweet spot for the ultimate show of skill. The only question that remains is: are you brave enough?

Any active clan should have at least 6 members. If your clan doesn't, consider recruiting or merging with other small clans. As Sun Tee put it once, "any clan with fewer than 6 members is doomed".

Since the tournament will be starting in january, you have time to start training! You have time to improve and show that you too can be considered one of the top clans! A recent discussion recently asked "what are the top clans?" and the conclusion reached was that there were, at this time, only 4 or 5 ctf clans! Prove us wrong! Show us we have to count you in! Make your name instill great fear in our hearts!

Obviously, for those who walk the damned path of "instagib", you will have to learn again. You will have to challenge yourself to becoming as good in the regular mode. You will have to learn to be humble and finally start fighting like real grown tees: are you brave enough?

Discuss it, train for it, merge your clans, and prepare yourself, for the time has come to register on the Master Tee Cup. All registrations take place at: http://www.masterteecup.com

I know that a lot of tees are faint of heart: they don't want to push their limits further. You don't have to be like that. Be a little ball with big balls. Be a true Teewarrior.

Re: How good is your clan? How brave are you?

The BEST clan is [OSO.], we EVER win smile

ZPote are the best !

lordskelethom - want to reach me quickly? https://discord.gg/teeworlds

.:|GGTP|:.
(Girls got the power)

We are 2 girls thats enough to be the best!

;Visit my: Homepage
;Tutorial how to use DEMO function!
;Quited TeeWorlds - Exams on Skool!

WTF! a CooKie!?:
Is the second girl your sister xD ?

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

If you think your clan is good, prove it and take part in the tournament. You will see how well you fare then.

Thanks

khubajsn wrote:

WTF! a CooKie!?:
Is the second girl your sister xD ?

Nooo it's KiaraHoney
wink

;Visit my: Homepage
;Tutorial how to use DEMO function!
;Quited TeeWorlds - Exams on Skool!

Lol Magnet I like your posts it´s nice english, but they are too long xD

So let the best team win!

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

WTF! a CooKie!? wrote:

.:|GGTP|:.
(Girls got the power)

We are 2 girls thats enough to be the best!

Agree with you wink, even if i am a male (xD).

not really!!!=)
[BIO]!!!
of course everybody likes the clan in which he is.but i also like zpote(nice plp),ion,and some others.
LET THE GAME BEGIN!!

Magnet wrote:

If you think your clan is good, prove it and take part in the tournament. You will see how well you fare then.

Thanks

Hah, I could laugh my a.. off when I think of how many clans say "We are da best! you is noob!!!!" before they lose like 1000:0.

Love those clans of kids.

Hooker's collection of the most Tee-ish skins!
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39896

Hooker wrote:

Hah, I could laugh my a.. off when I think of how many clans say "We are da best! you is noob!!!!" before they lose like 1000:0.

Well, considering how there has been no new clan registration on the Master Tee Cup website after 175 views of this thread, I hope they are discussing it among themselves. Or else they just read the title, which wouldn't surprise me that much.

The lack of real response from the "community" besides "me clan is da best" saddens me, yet I would lie if I'd say it is unexpected. Still, I have hope for more people to discuss it among themselves and encourage each other to play real Teeworlds teamplay + end-game for once (by that I mean vanilla 6vs6 CTF like the Teegod intended it to be).

For instance, there are a few good clans that barely play CTF but are active in regular mode. Some clans are more 1on1 oriented (like the Z team, they challenged us to a clan war about one month ago because they wanted to start playing CTF, I hope they will continue in that direction), some others only active on survival/kukurice servers (I'm not sure there are many players still there), a few insta+regular clans (like 6D7N), and some others. I also hope some clans with very few members will merge (bfd, spd, ASC should merge and would be a very good clan).

And finally a bunch of instagib clans. Some of them like RPG or MS had talks to switch (at least part-time) to vanilla mode, I sincerely hope they do. A lot of instagib players are unfortunately stuck on their positions to only play instagib. Their excuse is that they love "fast gameplay", but to me that's just a demonstration that they don't know what vanilla really is because it's a lot faster than instagib. Fast doesn't mean "i die/kill every sec". Imho they don't switch because they never experienced a real, fun and challenging vanilla game, and they are afraid to have to learn new skills. To them it must feel like starting all over again. I have played instagib in the past (and still do sometimes) and I think most of instagib players would love vanilla once they make the effort to move.

I hope this thread acts as a starter to consolidate the community, allows everyone to have fun and challenge themselves in a true team game, that isn't only a matter of individual skill but also of cooperation and teamplay.

Hooker wrote:
Magnet wrote:

Thanks

I am not a kid, but i love my clan !
Where and when are you playing hooker tongue ?

lordskelethom wrote:
Hooker wrote:
Magnet wrote:

Thanks

I am not a kid, but i love my clan !
Where and when are you playing hooker tongue ?

Clanless, 'cause my old clan split up.

And dude, "I am not a kid, but i love my clan !" ?
This is not the point I wanted to speak on!

The problem is: FLAMERS.

Hooker's collection of the most Tee-ish skins!
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=39896

Hooker wrote:

No, the problem is that all you guys are off-topic.

Magnet wrote:
Hooker wrote:

No, the problem is that all you guys are off-topic.

You are right.

Mag, the realliest problem is: the server.
Of course, the server will be hosted by someone from europe.
Let's do an example. If you, mag, host the server. Your clan will have less ping then a clan from US.
That's one example. And that's bad.

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

Slinack wrote:

Mag, the realliest problem is: the server.
Of course, the server will be hosted by someone from europe.
Let's do an example. If you, mag, host the server. Your clan will have less ping then a clan from US.
That's one example. And that's bad.

Yes but more than 85% players are from Europe, it's up to you guys to develop the South/North American, African, Asian and Oceanian communities. Most servers hosted in those places aren't in a datacenter but home servers that aren't reliable for anyone.

Ping might be a problem for 15% of the players, but I don't think this is the reason that only 5 clans are registered on the MTC yet...

Magnet wrote:

Yes but more than 85% players are from Europe, it's up to you guys to develop the South/North American, African, Asian and Oceanian communities. Most servers hosted in those places aren't in a datacenter but home servers that aren't reliable for anyone.

True, true and true tongue

Magnet wrote:

Ping might be a problem for 15% of the players, but I don't think this is the reason that only 5 clans are registered on the MTC yet...

Maybe they are afraid. As you (active forum members) say, there are 4~6 top clans... And they are really good, so this can explain something.

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

wtf a cookie : are u dutch??  , haha i nicknamed ''honey'' to kiara XD