1 (edited by PSL.LordMartin 2008-11-30 15:21:18)

Topic: PSL TeeWorlds Open ladder

We have running  a few public (PSL account is not necessary to play) TeeWorlds servers any quite many people play there. Despite of the fact that we put info on our and TeeWorlds site how to register and play ladder, for a long time a single ladder game has not been played. So we decide to start today a PSL TeeWorlds Open ladder. To play it you do not need account on web site so all you need to do is just play on PSL Open servers. However there are some limitations:
-    If you do not play any game on your nick for a 7 days this nick will be deleted from open ladder.
-    After the game nick is assigned to player’s IP for next 24h and within this time no one else from different IP is not allowed to use this nick. But first player that uses this nick after those 24h become this nick owner for next 24h and so on.
-    In open ladder players profile and list of played games are not available.
-    Rest of rules are the same as for regular ladder.

We treat this open ladder as some kind of promotion of regular ladder and we believe that if after some time players start to take care of protecting their on nick and register in register and play in regular ladder. In regular ladder you can use nick only from IP that you log on te web site last time and accounts are not deleted.

Main page: http://ProStarLeague.com / http://ProSL.net
TeeWorlds Open ranking: http://prostarleague.com/open-rank.php?sf_tag=TW

Re: PSL TeeWorlds Open ladder

u say, if I play there with my name and after 24h without playing, others can use my name? that's f**cking lame. I will kill everybody who is using my name!!!

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

3 (edited by pAn!K - Hiryuu 2008-11-30 15:27:35)

There will be an ESL league if I understand well, more league than player is not necessary I think.

4 (edited by PSL.LordMartin 2008-11-30 18:24:49)

I guess esl league is not active anymore? and on PSL you just play games on server and games are automatically reported in ladder. on els you have to do all reporting on web site which takes much more time.

edit 1:
ok new rule added:
- You can use your nick only from IP class that was used to add this nick to ranking (during first server join). This basically means that nick may be used only when you join server using the same Internet provider. This is additional nick stealing protection.

edit 2:
server does not allow some charactes in nick name. so make sure that you do have ONLY:
a-z A-Z 0-9 [](){}=.-_+*`|^!/\
Otherwise you will not by able to join server

Reporting in ESL leagues is really boring and slow for 1on1, they also had the rule that you could only play one opponent once every three weeks which was also very bad for such a small community. Because of these things I believe in the PSL league.. the only thing that was anoying with the PSL league was the strange 3min rule, I think half of all the games I played where never registered in the ladder cause they ended too quickly. Also it would be nice if unregistered players could join in just to spectate games (or play without ranking) in the real league as well cause I think a lot of players did not use those servers simply cause they could not join them at all...

aka kiwi

6 (edited by PSL.LordMartin 2008-12-01 07:27:02)

This 3 minutes min match length in now decreased to 90 seconds.

I think that it could be good idea to not make distinguish between ladder and open servers. If both players have account created on web site then match may be reported to regular ladder. If at least one of players is not registered then match would be reported in open ladder. So event unregistered players could be observers in ladder games. Thx for the idea airen ; )

And this is true that ESL system better fits to clan wars than to massively played 1on1 ladders. What you as a player expect is just to play game after the game many times a day rather then creating challenges on web site, waiting for opponent to accept and report win/lose after the game.