1 (edited by test1234 2008-11-29 15:11:24)

Topic: problems with compiled exe (winxp64bit,vc8,using guide on front page)

edit: never mind reading, or skip to end if you have a similar problem or are involved in setting up the build stuff

hi, as i outlined in the topic, i am having problems with the exe that gets build on my system. the build runs thru all nicely using bam, but then when i run the exe it crashes in "gc_hooks.c" in function "modc_init" when doing "load_total = data->num_images;"
this seems to be because "data" is null from the above "data = load_data_from_memory(internal_data);" call, i tried runnig the exe from outside the src dir like that in release and debug configurations as well as from the official teeworlds folder, does anyone know where the problem might be ?

i am running Windows XP SP2 64bit got the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (with vc8 i think) and as suggested the dxsdk_november2007.exe as well as 5.2.3790.2075.51.PlatformSDK_Svr2003R2_rtm.img and python-2.6.amd64.msi, bam is newest.
i built using the bam debug and bam release from the normal source folder as well as using teebuilder, and both times it crashes at the same place!

edit: on further inspection there seems to be something not quite right here, load_data_from_memory checks for if(mem[0] != sizeof(void*)) (mem = internal_data) on that internal_data array, but on a 32bit arch pointers are supposed to be 4bytes, while the internal_data[0] is actually 8.
so it seems the dynamic code generation from python just takes your current sizes that python has for stuff (x86 python fixed it), and doesn't take into consideration that you might be cross building...