1 (edited by [WTF]Henricus 2008-11-28 21:43:26)

Topic: World Tee Records

After seeing the large amount of interesting projects  recently (MTC, TeeWiki) the World Tee Federation has thought about a nice project for themselves. However before we build the entire project we would first like to get an idea if there's enough interest in the project. Let me introduce to you: World Tee Records (WTR). So what's this all about?

Many people have said they are without a doubt the fastest runner, flag-capturer or can kill an extreme amount of others in under 2 minutes. Now we are sure willing to believe all of you, but wouldn't it be cool if there was some kind of official record of your insane pwnage scores? How will this work:

1. Player X says: I would like to contest the current record on running/flag-capture/anything.
2. The WTR provides a server that meets the qualifications for the record.
3. Player X has three chances to prove his record.
4. Two WTF judges will both keep times to the millisecond.
5. If the players makes a new record, he'll get a very honorable place on our WTF site, and if possible also on other, a more mainstream website. Otherwise he'll have some time to practice and try again in some weeks.
6. If somebody else thinks he can do better, he will have new  chance to beat the previous record.

We're always open to record suggestions, but there are some rules which will probably expand over time:

1. The record needs to be measurable. (Not I can swing the nicest 8-figures)
2. The record needs to be interesting. (Not I can jump for 48 hours straight)
3. The record needs to be repeatable under exact same conditions.

Now what I'm interested in is what you think about this concept. Any comments, suggestions are very welcome.

Re: World Tee Records

good idea! smile

Interesting idea, but I think we shoudl just wait for demo record in 0.5. So everyone could easily record his frags, his records etc.

but there should be an official judge there too.

Left [WTF] so I had to make an other account here. The new account is named: "pepperoni" with a big golden P as avatar.

I think it's a good idea. smile Could be fun with some competition, especially from a TeeTV point of view. Having more stats of the players could really increase the overall amusement. To be able to say "According to WTR, <name> is the fastest capper at ctf2 atm, so we'll probably see some really nice games" could mean alot. smile Also for picking players it could be useful. Well, a bit tricky to actually measure IMPORTANT stats, but fun anyhow. smile

The proposition "I am the center" need never be uttered. It is the assumption upon which all certainty and all doubt turns.

well if the idea is worked out well, teetv will beinvited to events ofcourse wink.

Left [WTF] so I had to make an other account here. The new account is named: "pepperoni" with a big golden P as avatar.