Topic: Recoil Effect

I come up with the idea of a recoil effect.

If you compare the size of a tee with the size of the big weapons, I think it would be more realistic with a recoil effect.

While you'r in the air and fire of the shootgun etc. you will fly backwards a little.

Maybe that's something to add for the next release???

Re: Recoil Effect

It sounds easy todo but it's infact very tricky todo as it messes with the prediction of the character. We had it before and I don't think we will add it. It also slows you down if you are hunting someone and thats not what we want to introduce as hunting is hard as it is.

it's a bad idea.. :F

ninja

4 (edited by nealz 2008-01-03 23:29:00)

Another Idea of a specialweapon based on knockback could be the tau/gauss-cannon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XOZgHMV … re=related

I really do not like the idea with recoil, I think it changes to much of how the game is played.

Change is not always bad, but this one would be. A single weapon with recoil doesn´t neccessarely need too be bad though, if it makes sence with how it is used.

True. But if every weapon suddenly have recoil it changes the whole way you handle the weapons.

As said, a separate weapon with recoil would be cool.

I think I agree with V34... If recoil is added, it has to be to a specific new weapon (sniper?).
The old ones should remain basicly as they are.

Used to be very active waay back

The idea is not so good, we don't want the game to get less dynamic.

10 (edited by mucha 2008-01-23 20:16:01)

TeeWars doesn't have to be realistic. I think it's not so bad concept, but it's not worth the work, that programmers would have to sacrifice to implement it.

ThePuMa Clan