1 (edited by PaTo 2008-11-10 21:35:30)

Topic: "Help" players cannot join my server!!!

I have a problem with my server, the players cannot join it.It only appears on LAN but not in INTERNET!!! Is it a firewall problem??

I use windows vista 32.

Sorry for my bad english  xDD

2 (edited by datag 2008-11-10 21:57:31)

Re: "Help" players cannot join my server!!!

If it is a firewall-problem you can see it in the log (run teeworlds in a console).

BTW: Please use the correct forum next time (Support).

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

It isn't a firewall problem because appears:

no firewall/NAT problems or smf like that

Thx

I) have you registered your server at the master (heartbeat option)?

II) Have you ever heard about port forwarding? If not, search in the forum for a tutorial that covers this aspect. Somebody who I accidentally cannot remember has written a nice illustrated tutorial.

By the way, everywhere in the net, you will ingratiate with the community if you
a) can give the impression that you've used the search engine and checked the FAQ/sticky post (e.g. "I checked this (link) tutorial on firewall issues and couldn't find any aspect in that (link) FAQ)"
b) provide proper information on what went wrong and what you did on which Operation System (e.g. Windows? Linux? OSX?). [Yeah, you did at least the last part]
c) If you copy the information of the console into a textfile and upload this log on a hosting service and link to it, you are almost a pro in asking questions wink

Don't feel offended, I didn't intend to.

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

If you have forwarded the port(s) and get no error in the server output, then it might be the case where your router don't support internal connections to the external ip.

ok thx  xD