Topic: pistol ammo

Hi
It would be nice if the pistol ammo would recharge even if you have another weapon in use. maybe a bit slower if the pistol is not active. but something like this would be cool.
It's just a small suggestion and not that important like some other stuff here. But maybe somebody like the idea smile

cheers
Bones

Re: pistol ammo

I think it is really good that you need to have the pistol selected to recharge its ammo. It adds a little difficulty, and therefore you have to think to switch frequently to the pistol to recharge it. It adds a little tactical touch, where people who forgot to recharche their pistol can get in trouble while they run out of other ammo in a fight.

Pistol is just "perfect" like this...
It doesn't need change imo ;>

aka oop²

4 (edited by Bones 2007-12-29 19:39:01)

when I play a 2on2 with some buddies you are nearly constantly in action and you have simply no time to switch to the pistol and do nothing sad
So the result of this is I use it very rarely because mostly the magazine isn't full sad

5 (edited by Dreamy 2007-12-29 21:43:33)

In really intense battles, you can save the bullets too realease at just the time you really need them. Like when the almost dead opponent is running away, or when your shotgun runs out of ammo. The pistol becomes a sort of complemetary weapon too the bigger guns, and doesn´t need reloading so much if you only use it when it´s undoubtably the best choice.

Maybe some way of more actively reloading it would be nice though. Like reloading faster if you stand completely still, isn´t shooting and isn´t hit by anything for example, so that you can take some temporal cover and reload in ammo-shortage situations. If som kind of animation and/or sound made it clear that you go into fast reloading mode I think such a system could be quite intuitive.

I've tought a bit about the gun lately. There is something very right about it but there is something missing with it. I don't know if it should reload faster, or reload in the background, but something needs a little tweak with it. The weapons are going to get a look over when we add the new weapons.