1 (edited by Lappi 2008-10-05 19:44:59)

Topic: about bots and gaming experience

This weekend I was playing a bit in standard CTF and what shall I say, it changed a lot compared to 1-2 months ago. Even on a pro-server, e.g. fp8 CTF, people were outstandingly unkind! Having played just a couple of minutes s.o. accused me using a hookbot and others joined in. Those of you who know me, don't doubt that I a) wouldn't use such crap and b) I don't appreciate using this shit since it destroys the game for every oth players. This is really disappointing since I am used to a nice, open-minded and pan-European community. It was even more frustrating that oth well known players developed hooking skills over night which are incredibly amazing, so that - combined with those button smashing hammer macros - I didn't recognize that old game. It felt like everybody's taking steroids and there are only few ppl left who don't dope.

Who cares about this? And what's your experience with hookbots?

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

Re: about bots and gaming experience

Mmm... it's the first time I hear something about Hookbots... maybe someday I'll upload an image where you can see a laser changing its way in the air.

Check this:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9405/screenshotjj6.th.jpghttp://img291.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

I haven't taken this screenshot and I have hidden his nickname because I don't know if it's true or it's a fake.

thats rly a fake...
there's a hookbot and an aimbot...
i've just seen aimbot and hookbot before...
no other bots...

i think at the moment we can't do anything... 0.5.0 will be released soon...

i hope someone will do something against those damn cheaters...

ima charhgin ma lazerz!!1
SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!!!!11

here, I'm a no-doper smile
in fact I just don't know how to use these bots. it would be fun to try them out, but I believe it makes much more fun without 'em. although I'm an "old-timer" in teeworlds and don't think I'm that bad lol

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

Lappi wrote:

It was even more frustrating that oth well known players developed hooking skills over night which are incredibly amazing..... button smashing hammer macros.

Who cares about this? And what's your experience with hookbots?

First of all thank you lappi for spreading and reporting this issue by opening a thread here, cause i totally care about this too. My experience with some fkcu3rs using hookbots is just as frustrating... Players which used to be standard and mid level strong to me suddenly developped fascinating hooking skills, causing that i have a very hard time to escape. I know many many players ingame due to my excessive usage of this game and i definately can say that some guys use hookbots. It is easy to notice and therefore annoying.. They use it in the most impossible situations, making it very obvious. Mostly u can notice it when the cheater hooks u while he is looking at another direction, making the weapon point at another direction than the hook at the moment he is hooking u. Or another example if the hook comes very surprising, unexpected, fast and precise at the glimpse of a second. Or if the player defends the flag at CTF and u really  always get hooked as  soon as you are in hooking distance. This is very annoying and makes the game very inappropriate for competitive gameplay. Lappi could u maybe make a list of the players u assume to be cheaters ? I just wanna see how many u noticed. And u mentioned hammer macros? Could u pls describe this a little more? Im not able to play online since more than a month yet (yeah i cant believe it myself smile )and i have the feeling this whole cheat thing turned even to the worse... I spent MUCH time(no really, a huuuuge amount of time) on playing and improving my skills, and so did others too, and its very annoying to know that others have an unfair advantage and still they deny it. At the beginning i thought playing against a cheater is good training for me, but there are way to many now. The game didnt change itself, there still are lots of nice guys having their fun ( hugs and kisses to my fav clans btw :*) and refusing cheats of course although they are capable of doing it if they wanted. It is just that huge amount of mega dumb idiots who need to cheat to get their piece of crap fame, to be cool. Very disappointing for my view of mankind that u can live like that. An anti cheat patch. Is that possible for this game and issue? If not, we still can rely on the mighty police!

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

/sign

I recognise more and more cheaters, too. The hammer "macro" works at least at my G15, you just put the fire button on a special key and you loop the "key pressed" button --> continuous hammering, but I was told that this is somehow possible with a bind command.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:

continuous hammering, but I was told that this is somehow possible with a bind command.

as AMN once stated wink : just bind it to xxx

and in combination with a hookbot it's quite strong.

The thing is that it is very hard to create anti-cheating for teeworlds since it's open-source and the code is so easy to read and modify.. hmm

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

We are investigating the case.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

11 (edited by Captain AMN 2008-10-06 09:58:58)

I just wonder why lappi knows about mega pistol. Torch, u wanna add maybe smtn? Its not a macro, its just a measure  for me to avoid hurting my "sehnen and bandscheiben" in my right pointing finger as i have problems with that, it hurts. So far i dont remember stating anything similar to that as it just is a change of the control keys. I thought this thread is about hookbots anyways yikes and chilly isnt it possible to stop cheaters by letting the master server just accept unmodified clients?

I havent told anybody about this neat trick but i remember once in fp8 serv we were playing and somebody asked how could we shoot that fast the pistol and someone ( from police, i dont remember ( certainly not me !!!) ) told it. Also i think theres no need to advertise our 'secrets' more. Btw since my accident i too have problems with mai finger and I shoot like that all the time, not only with pistol smile Also where the fuck are U ? sad

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

Captain AMN wrote:

and chilly isnt it possible to stop cheaters by letting the master server just accept unmodified clients?

nope, this isn't. As Chilly stated, it is very laborious to implement such stuff in an open source environment. A modified client could read an unmodified client executable and provide the requested informations w/o being exposed.

Mkay im sure the devs will find a solution. I propose to just alternate the x_84 kernel and avoid segfault segmentation by freeing the variable from its parameter in the modded client. Torch its just a matter of days now! I filled everything in, made all telephone calls and got a response of my ISP, i just wait for the technician to come and bring the new hardware big_smile Believe me i suffer very much atm, sometimes i just host an offline server and jump around alone on CTF, hoping that somebody will join though i know its impossible sad the only that keeps me from getting crazy is my cellphone and this forum. Why wont u tell me some news? Is mick back for instance? Come on, im bored of making maps and tired of rescuing people that had car accidents smile

i dont want to hijack this thread with our problems, and how bout u stop doubleposting smile

and while we are talking about hooking... how 'bout a anti-team-hooking? It's pissing me off, when I'm hooked by my teammate while he is boring -.-

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

Sure sometimes it makes me angry, too, PaddyKay. But hooking your teammate sometimes is pretty nice and it will bevome more important with o.5 when unhookables will be (officially) introduced.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Hooking teammates wont be removed due to its tactical importance even without unhookables . And torch pls write smtn(write everything possible lol) in our old forum then, so i can read it there. You would make me happy for real :*  i removed the second clone post, sry smile

The hammer macro: I have heard that it is possible to change the code so that the hammer makes more damage or to increase its rate...

I have to say that there are so many rumours about cheating ppl that I do not really know who to believe -.-

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

We have a working forum ? Well even if we have i dont know the adress, but i has an idea. Lets misuse that stuff called pastebin, to let us communicate. Just edit the post, or write a new one. Fcorse we cant talk about our secrets there as it is quite public now that i posted the link here, but its better than nothing. Keep up and sry for offtopic.

Mkay i will be there @ torch. Im interested if a dev will comment on this hookbot issue. Could some mod please clean this a bit up btw and remove OT posts (by me) ? Thanks!