Topic: Murphy's Law, ISP crap up

Well, on friday my ISP crapped up so I've been without internet until now and even now it's acting up. I only access a part of the internet for some reason. es-Rush were kind enough to lend me a proxy so I can at least do some surfing and report the status.

Before my ISP went crap, we ran into some problems with the graphics in Teeworlds that we wanted to fix before we released 0.5.0. Code wise we in a pretty good shape however.

When my ISP went crap, all the server that were registered on my master server started to migrate. This mass migration caused a bug in the master server code to appear and the other two masters crashed as well. And as predicted by Murphy's Law, I had company at home when it happened so it took some time before I could rush over to teetow and fix the problem. The servers are temporary patched now and shouldn't crash but I will do a proper patching of the master server for the 0.5.0 release.

Bottom line right now is, there might be one more big feature in 0.5.0 but we don't know when 0.5.0 gonna be ready, depends on when the graphics changes are done and if we discover any big bugs that needs fixing.

Re: Murphy's Law, ISP crap up

f!r$T!!!11

Thanks for the information, matricks. smile

ima charhgin ma lazerz!!1
SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!!!!11

Oh my god! I can't wait anymore!!!

But fixing those bugs is more important. big_smile

*googlin for murphys law*  didnt get the joke...was it even a joke lol? Thanks for the entry anyways, good luck with fixing that crap.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Captain AMN wrote:

*googlin for murphys law*  didnt get the joke...was it even a joke lol? Thanks for the entry anyways, good luck with fixing that crap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy's_law

„Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.“

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

I'm sure someone ordered some bombers to blow up the Swedish Internet. Just to fulfill Godwin's law as well.

Try to be a bit more subtle when making suggestions. // ~{MS}~ Azon

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I thought he is dead.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

yeah, like elvis, right? xD

I just say two words: Illuminatis and Aliens! *going crazy*

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

But i saw it on the TV. U_U Goddamn liars ...

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

it was a fake. in fact he is actually playing teeworlds, if I'm not wrong. ^^

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

Well, good'ol Murphy is a dude we all get reminded of from time to time I guess.
Good look in recovering from the ISP-issues.
As the rest of the pack, I am looking forward to the next release!
Keep it up! big_smile

Matricks, Can't you kill your server by yourself and see how the migration-code is doing? A untested safety-function is not any better than no safety at all!

Tee. Code. Offbeat.