Topic: some suggestions

I love teewars, the same way soldat resembles more like, realism games, teewars resembles more like quake.
I have some things i wished that were in the game.
-More weapons: 3 weapons = few almost nothing. A grenade launcher, a plasma weapon style (continuous beam that would give continuous, small damage, fast ammo consuption) a sniper, a "ricochet" weapon, would be all nice and adequate for the game.
-More rocket knockback. If you got hit with a rocket in mid air, it would be awesome if you were blown away, and got into the ceilling!
-Vibrant backgrounds. Have always something moving in the back, blank blue backgrounds help to make this version sometimes boring.
-Soldat has grenades, what about classes in teewars? To have something more than weapons and the hook: some special power, activated for a small time. Shield, longer hook, more damage, parcial invisibility, evasion, random teleport, something like this, very unusual, but funcional!
-Map editor, i can already imagine the trick map possibilities, with teewars´s great movement system.
-More maps. Speaks for itself, oh and with more stuff in them, worms style, and complexity is the key.
-Kill messages, but please use the humour in the game, don´t go just "monster kill" "godlike", that´s been used to death.
-Objective mode. A team would spawn in the beginning, and the other would spawn in several points that it would have to defend in time. Next round, the other team would try to beat that time.

And thats it, continue the good work!

Re: some suggestions

First of all, thanks for some good ideas!

I won't go point-by-point since some of these have been mentioned before, but I do appreciate that you compare this to Quake and not Worms -- we're all avid Quake 3 players and find it to be a very distilled experience.

As for the map editor, there is a rudimentary (and unsupported) one built into the game already. One of our major focus points these following months will be to strengthen that aspect of the game, so we can get the benefits of community contributions. A better editor is obviously fundamental to that.

I'd advise you to stay tuned, and feel free to keep the ideas coming smile

I'd like to add one suggestion to those, dont want to make a new topic.

The thing is, you let ppl make maps and I think you should add the best to next versions. Why? Because when ppl have to download custom maps from forum etc usually they are not used by admins, nor users. If you add 1-2 maps (the best, polished, maybe you will polish them with their creators) you don't have to waste time for creating maps and community will play custom maps instead of letting them die on forum. And community will create them eagerlier for sure smile. Maybe make a contest, sth like best map of the month (you will add this one to the next version). Hope you understand what I have on my mind, sry for not so good english tongue. GL with development!

Antonius wrote:

-Map editor, i can already imagine the trick map possibilities, with teewars´s great movement system.

You can take a look in the MAP-section of the forum, there there is a (depricated) tutorial for the editor, if you absolutly feel that you have to play around with that, but as teetow says, it's unsupported.

Used to be very active waay back

More weapons - disagree. This is not Quake or Soldat, we don't need XX guns to have fun.
Special items - agree. For now, there's only Katana and I fing it a little too few.
Kill messages - it wouldn't fit to this game.

ThePuMa Clan