Topic: Ctf tactics?

Hiya folks.

I´m not new at teewars and I consider myself a pretty good player. When it comes too ctf however, I´m a complete n00b.

Sure, I understand the basics. You wanna take the flag, protect the flag and kill the bastard who took the flag - but how should you tactically organize that? How do you cooperate as a team? I am quite clueless too this, and it seems most others are too cause there seems too be mostly chaotic running around and running into hordes of enemies at random (I can´t handle hordes, duels are my thing).

I´ve tried too ask people when I´m in if they could teach me some ctf tactics, but so far I´ve been completely ignored and have had too improvise.

So, anyone who knows anything about this, please do share.

2 (edited by V34 2019-05-18 00:22:01)

Re: Ctf tactics?

⠀⠀⠀⠀

I made a four-part CTF tutorial starring our lovely Tees a while back. It was actually for Q3CTF, and in Swedish, but I can adapt it later. Here's a quick summary:

Always keep a flag defender, and make sure he has access to the pickups near the flag. If you spawn in your base, don't steal all the weapons and armor -- you can pick those up on your way to the enemy base.

The capper should focus on stealing the flag, no matter what happens. Even if the enemy gets your flag, you can at least hope for a standoff rather than risking giving your opponents a point. The capper also has to communicate when he's going for a steal, so that other players can support him.

Killing players in their home base may seem like fun, but it's much better to have them waste the journey over to your base, and kill them there. It will also make the enemy base less occupied.

1)Basically there a 2 Objectives:

- Get the enemy flag, and then get back (normally no fighting needed) PRIMARY OBJECTIVE!!!!
- Defend the Base so that the ffc (friendly flag carrier) can easily cap: for a more defense tactic

2)In case of both teams having each others flag the objectives change a bit to:
- ffc: stay alive
- defenders: fight everyone attacking the ffc (though i think in tw there are only 1 or 2 needed cause escaping is relatively easy
- The rest should go get the flag back asap

Player dedication that i think is good:
2on2:
1)2/0 or 1/1
2)1/0/1

3on3:
1) 2/1
2) 1/0/2 or more defense: 1/1/1

4on4:
1) 3/1 or 2/2
2) 1/1/2

Thats what >I< think

kann nix kann alles
irc: fedeago_UTzone
teelove

It could help : http://massman.dk/ctf/ (stolen from #cpmpickup and for quake3 but still ...)

Teewars lacks the possibility to bind teamchat, the low/high bind are just essential for a good defense, since the flagdef NEVER chases smile

Unfortunally CTF aint very good in Teewars. The maps is either too large or too small. Once you grab the enemy flag just swing back to your own base and camp right there. By some odd reason there spawns a shitload of armour, health and guns in the base so you'll be practicly invincible if you time the spawns right. Of course your opponents has your flag and does the exact same thing, so you'll have to keep on camping until your team mates return your flag.

And yes, this tactic is very lame, but everyone does it and there's no whine in the world that'll ever put an end to it.

Grumly wrote:

Teewars lacks the possibility to bind teamchat, the low/high bind are just essential for a good defense, since the flagdef NEVER chases smile

Sure :>

aka oop²