Topic: Teewars 0.3.1 crashes my computer

When I play Teewars 0.3.1, it sometimes crashes my computer: The screen goes black, but with green light-diode blinking like when the monitor is turned off. I can still hear sound, but CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, so I have to cold-boot my machine.

This hasn't happened with previous versions, but my experience with those are too brief to count.

It has only crashed two or three times -- all when using iTunes in the background -- but I haven't played much TW, really, so I'd say it's happened often enough.

See specs in signature.

Vista x64 // AVG anti-virus // Windows Firewall

Re: Teewars 0.3.1 crashes my computer

Does it happen in other games? Try playing some other games for a while - and see if the error occurs.

No, I was suppose to say: No other games crashes my computer -- and I play *a lot* of games. smile

4 (edited by V34 2007-12-22 20:15:44)

Hmm. Well are your hardware updated? Especially your graphic card?

No I have't updated the Nvidia drivers in a while. Guess I could try that (tomorrow).

It might be the problem. I know some of my games have act in that way, and the update helped.

But does TW rely so much on the GPU and its drivers? Will the newest drivers make so much difference from the ones from a couple of months ago?

Ok, so I just crashed without iTunes. That's one cause out of the equation. tongue

Visa is pretty much untested for us, none of us runs it so we don't have anything to test on. Try launching teewars in windowed mode, gfx_fullscreen=0 either as an argument in a shortcut or as an argument from the command line.

Teewars uses OpenGL for rendering, so we rely on good drivers. What card do you have?

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

Actually, I have to run in windowed mode; else the game will kind of blink or flash each time I click the mouse button. Maybe I should have mentioned this.

I'll report back after I've installed the latest Nvidia drivers.

Do you know any programming? I'm thinking that this can be a problem with our OpenGL backend GLFW, so checking it with them or testing any other GLFW based application might be a good test.

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.