1 (edited by r2d2!~ 2022-02-24 23:29:53)

Topic: [STANDALONE MAP EDITOR] Teeditor

Hello, everyone who is still alive here smile

A few days ago I released a beta version of the external standalone map editor for Teeworlds:

TeeditorLogo

In a sense, it is a port of the original Teeworlds map editor from C++ and OpenGL (SDL2.0) to C#, C++ /CX and DirectX 11. But I'd prefer to call it a completely rewritten product. It all works on UWP. This means that the editor will work only on Windows 10/11.

Features:

• Program association with .map files (quick map opening without the need to load the game client);

• Simultaneous editing of several files (tabs support);

• Drag&Drop in the Group and Layer Explorer (reordering and changing the nesting level);

• Undo/Redo for a number of important functions with the history of changes (editing layers, editing parameters, etc.);

• Full-featured map navigator in the form of a thumbnail with a view box;

• New animation editor with timer and slider, based on Keyframe-Drag&Drop and giving more control over animation;

• Working in both windowed and full-screen modes;

• A more responsive interface that resembles the original in structure;

• Saving map images;

• Support for dark and light themes;

• Many other smaller improvements.

A bit of information
Also at the moment, editing and creating maps is only possible for vanilla mods.
This was my main goal in order to publish the project. Realizing that there is not much point in an editor for vanilla mods, so I tried to design a code structure that would be easier to use to extend the program.

Documentation
No documentation on the program yet, but I think I'll write something soon. Those who have already used the standard editor shouldn't have any trouble with the interface. In addition, the program menu (Help) has a Shortcut Reference. It can also help to navigate, because some combinations and actions may be different from the standard ones.

Compatibility
The editor is only compatible with the Windows 10/11 operating system with a minimum version 17763.0.

Version
Current public version: v1.0.0.0-beta.

What do I expect?

• I would like to get any feedback from users, bug reports. I plan to develop the project in the near future for sure, as this is my only and first open-source project.

• Maybe someone else would like to participate in the project as well. This is also welcome.

• I hope someone here will be interested to have a look at my code. I would also welcome any suggestions, help, ideas.
    I also have a number of ideas, like collaborative editing, but I'll post more about that soon on the project page on GitHub.

Source code
You can find the source code on GitHub.
https://i.postimg.cc/qq3T1Kjt/github-open-button.png

Binaries
You can install the program from the Microsoft Store.
https://i.postimg.cc/mDM4wMdP/ms-download-button.png

Do you remember me? smile

Re: [STANDALONE MAP EDITOR] Teeditor

I want try it, but i'm using Ubuntu big_smile
*sad*

TeeDefense, TeeDarkForest, Tees, InfclassCR, Im the leadder of TeeworldsFun.
QQ Group: 1562151175    Discord: FlowerFell-Sans#9358       WeChat: teeffs
Nice to meet you!

The first impression of it is pretty impressive however I couldn't really test it yet as I run into a significant issue right after launching, I opened an issue about that on GitHub. smile

I would love to experience the editor as it is seen in the screenshots, UI is looking great by the way exactly what I would have loved to see and imagined for LordSk's new editor which is put on pause currently, your timing, therefore, couldn't be better.

keep it up, sir!

Wow, I install Windows system and try it.
It's so Cool! But is something wrong in there
https://user-images.githubusercontent.c … b730bc.png
And
https://user-images.githubusercontent.c … a2e248.png

sorry for my bad English big_smile

TeeDefense, TeeDarkForest, Tees, InfclassCR, Im the leadder of TeeworldsFun.
QQ Group: 1562151175    Discord: FlowerFell-Sans#9358       WeChat: teeffs
Nice to meet you!

Zatline wrote:

The first impression of it is pretty impressive however I couldn't really test it yet as I run into a significant issue right after launching, I opened an issue about that on GitHub. smile

I would love to experience the editor as it is seen in the screenshots, UI is looking great by the way exactly what I would have loved to see and imagined for LordSk's new editor which is put on pause currently, your timing, therefore, couldn't be better.

keep it up, sir!

Thank you so much!
It's nice to hear feedback about the interface. I think Dune wrote me on IRC about LordSk's editor. I seem to have overlooked that repository. I'll look into it when I find the time.

About the bug: this editor is my first experience with graphical APIs. It was interesting to learn this issue from both sides (OpenGL and DirectX) at the same time. Nevertheless, there are still a lot of issues, which can manifest themselves in the form of such unpleasant bugs. I will solve the problem and understand the issues further smile

Zatline wrote:

keep it up, sir!

Thank you so much!
It's nice to hear feedback about the interface. I think Dune wrote me on IRC about LordSk's editor. I seem to have overlooked that repository. I'll look into it when I find the time.

About the bug: this editor is my first experience with graphical APIs. It was interesting to learn this issue from both sides (OpenGL and DirectX) at the same time. Nevertheless, there are still a lot of issues, which can manifest themselves in the form of such unpleasant bugs. I will solve the problem and understand the issues further smile

Yo whats up fellow methheads
Can somebody with a high IQ in programming and level design tell me why I keep getting banned for "evasion"? Cause I aint got no clue what the f**uck that means bruh.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

Keep it in one topic: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtop … pid=133597

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Hey, looks very good, gonna test it out today and see if I encounter any problems.

Some missing features:
•all the shortcuts from the normal editor :'D
•A button like in ddnet client where u can change the current entities

What would find cool:
•Mirror mode
(which would mirror what you place on the map, can be toggled by axis.. maybe a pivot point to center it where u want.. or it just adjusts according to the size of the map.)
•A way to import png sequences as Animation.. as I am an animator and think that would open up much more possibility than "just" envelop animation of color, pos etc.
could be created by importing every image on a quads layer and then toggling the visibility automatically.. or maybe there is a better way to do it, not sure, but that's how I would do manually (wich is a pain in the butt to adjust xd).

Hope you continue the tool, as i think it could help a lot of people smile including me.