Topic: [Guide] All about teeworlds: The newbie guide

Hej girls,

what do you think about creating one thread with all information and tutorials/videos a newbie needs to read/view. Post your suggestions plz.

What definitely has to be done is a movement guide/video as this is one of the most tricky things in teeworlds.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Re: [Guide] All about teeworlds: The newbie guide

Wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki

is there already one? Never seen any.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

No something like this would be ideal for a wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki.

Either we'd need someone to host it, or we could use one of the free wikiproviders, personally I had excellent experiences with www.wikispaces.com ... However the host finances itself if you don't pay 5€/month with some google ads on the side... and I had constantly immature people complaining at me wanting to make money of it, which was bullshit. I don't know if the teeworlds community would react more mature on this than that other expirience I had to suffer...

Well, the teeworlds trac has a wiki which essentially is the docs, it's just that only devs can edit in it.

A newbie guide would be great, but I don't see why you would possibly need a whole wiki just for it? o.O

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

6 (edited by catpaw 2008-08-18 15:13:07)

You'd need to adhere to the wiki principles for it to work in wikistyle, the tech alone does not make a "wiki".... and everyone can easily edit it is a such a principle, we can undo vandalisms eitherway, look at wikipedia....

I don't see what "a whole" wiki would do any harm.. If you make one long document with chapters, or organize by seperate page entries in a wiki... doesn't it yield to the same result?

wiki sounds good! I would prefer a wiki solution. I don't like those mighty thread starter, who somewhen stop updating it. (I'm one of those, too ;-))

yeah this wiki sounds nice...
we could also make a sticky post:
sticky: useful teeworlds links ?

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991

9 (edited by Slinack 2008-08-18 17:48:36)

And we can translate it to another languages
(most of the newbies that have 'problems' don't know english very well)

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

0³7 wrote:

we could also make a sticky post:
sticky: useful teeworlds links ?

http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=300

Used to be very active waay back

oh... xD i didnt see ...

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991