1 (edited by TeBob 2008-08-05 15:35:55)

Topic: [MAPS] Aperture

Here are my new maps.
The inspiration of the tileset i have from the game portal.
I have spend much time in this maps and i hope you like it.

Here the first with the name Aperture_Ward

Screenshot:
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/4498/aperturewardiw0.th.jpg

Download:
http://willhostforfood.com/files2/60484 … e_Ward.map

The 2nd map with the name ApertureScience

Screenshot:
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2962/aperturescienceiv7.th.jpg

Download:
http://willhostforfood.com/files2/13717 … cience.map

Please post comments and tell me what you think about this maps.

(Both maps are for dm)

Re: [MAPS] Aperture

Okay, I'm not commenting on the actual details of the map, but please take care that your contribution fit into the "teeworld".

That is the one principle that is one word that goes round and around in teeworlds is *Cute*.

Take care your maps are in someway cute (on an idea how: just look at the default maps !), or else they don't really fit here.

3 (edited by TeBob 2008-08-05 16:06:25)

catpaw wrote:

I'm not commenting on the actual details of the map

Why?

catpaw wrote:

Take care your maps are in someway cute (on an idea how: just look at the default maps !), or else they don't really fit here.

I dont want to make this maps *cute*.(I wanted to make this maps "Simple" and with a little [earthy] humor)

But when you mean the blood i can make censored "Apertures" maps with black blood.

But who wants that???

@bobsmiley, make the maps however you like... But just remember, if people do not like the look of it, they will most likely not play it!

5 (edited by TeBob 2008-08-05 16:11:58)

I think the most people like this "Portal" look and when anyone dont like the look then dont play on this maps!
Its dont make me sad or furios.

I wanted to make maps wich I like.

6 (edited by catpaw 2008-08-05 16:17:35)

bobsmiley wrote:

But who wants that???

The people that play every other map on teeworlds. Really try to get a feel on how the game is and what makes it special after all...

Brutal blood laiden things, which arent cute in any way. There is so much other games around there that fill that niche far better..

But munyul is right, you can do whatever you want, see this as a general non-binding tip on how to make your maps/contribution more successfull.

BTW: Strangly this seems to be a common trait on the kids nowadays, first they want to make the weapons realistic, then they spread blood all over the maps. No idea why they think this makes the games better, or what it is supposed  to achieve. Teeworlds fills a very specific niche of gaming, and I think we should cater for that niche when possible.

catpaw wrote:

Brutal blood laiden things

Thinking you really my maps have Brutal blood laiden thinks!

You overact this cool

8 (edited by TeBob 2008-08-05 16:24:57)

catpaw wrote:

BTW: Strangly this seems to be a common trait on the kids nowadays, first they want to make the weapons realistic, then they spread blood all over the maps. No idea why they think this makes the games better, or what it is supposed  to achieve.

1. what is BTW

2.you really overact this -.-

(Sorry for doubleposting)

And u doublepost. And spam. And why cant u make 1 topic for all ur maps, instead of making a new one on a daily basis. :<

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

10 (edited by TeBob 2008-08-05 16:26:26)

Ok in the future i will make this -.-

(I dont spam)

@bobsmiley, BTW = By The Way.

@Catpaw, why kiddies like adding blood and realistic weapons? My guess is that they are normally banned from these things (eg. movies etc), so when they get the chance to rebel, they take it.