Re: TeeStuff :)

Datag: I'd just write in the description one needs a mod for this map.

catpaw wrote:

Ok, that would be a solution. Unfortunately that would make filtering (if it will be implemented in teestuff) impossible.

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

datag wrote:
catpaw wrote:

Ok, that would be a solution. Unfortunately that would make filtering (if it will be implemented in teestuff) impossible.

We'd need "social tagging" for teestuff smile

What IMHO is really missing is versioning. That is to be able to make as author a new default view version of a map. With different map/screenshot or description (the older version however should still be saved for reference, and viewable with an extra click)

@catpaw, link corrected, descriptions can be now filled with dots and colons (even with any other char wink). tags? i planed it and database is ready to store tags. it's case of one, two days smile versioning? hmmm... it isn't hard to do it but i have to think about it a bit. all in all - added to TODO list smile

apropos other gametypes. what woild it be? instagib? race? what else? it's not problem :]

56 (edited by datag 2008-08-02 13:22:34)

marines wrote:

apropos other gametypes. what woild it be? instagib? race? what else? it's not problem :]

Just add an extra field beside DM, TDM, CTF where someone can fill in his gametype. So I could add my FlagBall-maps with gametype "FlagBall" (although it appears on master-servers as CTF).

Another solution would be to stay with the gametypes DM|TDM|CTF and you add an extra checkbox and field for "MOD".

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

datag wrote:

Another solution would be to stay with the gametypes DM|TDM|CTF and you add an extra checkbox and field for "MOD".

like now? smile

58 (edited by datag 2008-08-02 14:03:45)

marines wrote:
datag wrote:

like now? smile

Hm, with this solution you need to update your code with every new MOD appearing... Wouldn't it be better to have a simple textbox for this?

Edit: I added my map fb_teamplay
Edit: And maybe you add the info "MOD" on the preview page, too.

59 (edited by datag 2008-08-08 23:08:36)

I was bored so I did a quick translation into German. It's far from perfect (however the English original wasn't it, too wink ). You may convert entities like "ü" to "ü" and so on.

Download: [edit: deleted dead link; marines already has received this file from me]

@datag, but when it would be textbox there will be quite impossible to sort maps with this criterion, because of different users may write the same mod name in different ways hmm new mods aren't released as fast as i can't add it in this way by myself smile big thanks for map smile mod section added in preview. and big thanks for translation :] i'm not so good at english smile

marines wrote:

@datag, but when it would be textbox there will be quite impossible to sort maps with this criterion, because of different users may write the same mod name in different ways hmm new mods aren't released as fast as i can't add it in this way by myself smile

That's up to you wink But I would then prefer a list-/combobox in this case instead of checkboxes.

marines wrote:

big thanks for map smile mod section added in preview. and big thanks for translation :] i'm not so good at english smile

Please replace all these chars to HTML-entities: "äöüÄÖÜß". Your selected charset doesn't fit with these chars (and won't display in some browsers).

62 (edited by catpaw 2008-08-02 15:37:33)

I thought about this a bit, and IMHO there is a "layer" missing. That is "gamemode". A map may depend on a specific custom gamemode or be useable by several. A 'game mode' can be either or both, a mod and/or special tuning.

So the gamemode should IMHO be a new catagory next to "maps", "skins" and "tilesets". When you upload a map, you can multichose from a set of gamemodes known to the teestuff DB for which you designed this map for.

63 (edited by marines 2008-08-02 17:19:35)

hmm... maybe only tags would be enough to describe whole map? eg. if map needs race_mod to work author should just add "race" tag :]

@datag, deutsch language updated. now if language string soten't exist it will be got from english lang file.

But what about special tunings that are supposed for a map?

they would be included in tags? smile

tune gun_curvature 0
tune gun_speed 750.0
tune gun_lifetime 10

Like this? Funny tags smile

oh! i didn't know what you meant. smile you're right. so perhaps additional field "special configuration"?

I'd really make it a new group, gameconfigs or something like this. Since several maps could have the same special configuration.

oh, i understand now smile great idea smile going back to work :]

70 (edited by toni 2008-08-02 19:33:10)

how do like this design?

actual:
http://www.sigmirror.com/files/3989_irjzn/Teestuffold.jpg

=========================================================

mine:
http://www.sigmirror.com/files/3990_bhf6o/Teestuffnew.jpg

W-O-W! i'm very impressed :] your design skills are high smile still simple but much more eye candy.

((IMO))

I like toni's design (very much), but I think the actual logo is better...
Just with the curved border :]

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

73 (edited by datag 2008-08-03 00:30:23)

What about a section for downloading MODs (patches/binaries)? Just a suggestion wink

in production smile

Patches seem like a better idea.

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);