1 (edited by marines 2008-07-30 00:08:53)

Topic: TeeStuff :)

I've written the successor of TeeMaps - TeeStuff :] according to suggestions in TeeMaps and TeeWorlds-DB (made by Dani) topic i've created what i said it is much better than TeeMaps.

i promise it will be much much better, more functional, a bit eye candy and multilingual

now only multilingual interface isn't implemented yet, but draft of english language file is availible to translate.

what's more? i'm waiting for your suggestions and ideas. if you find some errors please, report them to me smile so let's go TeeStuff smile http://marines.vdl.pl/teestuff/

Re: TeeStuff :)

Well, very² nice.

But why we need two DBs? Mix please...
Two heads think bettter than one! tongue

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

I vote this one for a merge. It has less errors on the front page. I can't speak for other pages though.

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

I like this page at most
http://marines.vdl.pl/teestuff/tilesets/

Looks really cool smile

Slinack wrote:

But why we need two DBs? Mix please...
Two heads think bettter than one!

i suppose Dani's DB has been written by hand in pure PHP. it's very good job, but may be better for example my TeeStuff based on Kohana PHP framework. programming with Kohana is much more simple and faster. i think my app is much more extensible. if Dani would like to join TeeStuff we could get on well. smile

Roanoke wrote:

I can't speak for other pages though.

site was released yesterday as not ready product. templates are fresh and i didn't look at its correctness. i'll do it soon. smile

catpaw wrote:

I like this page at most

i tried to make error pages as funny as possible. as you can see not everything works at all, but it will be done in next one, two weeks as i said before.

thanks for opinions smile register needs only fill username, password and e-mail. no confirmation is needed, but i'll implement it in the future.

6 (edited by Daniel 2008-07-30 10:55:03)

Teemaps
Teeskins
Teesets
Teestuff

best sites imo

Daniel wrote:

Teemaps
Teeskins
Teesets
Teestuff

best sites imo

Yeah, great sites. smile

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Daniel wrote:

best sites imo

so use them...

well, imo skins is not a good idea since teeworlds-db is already big and works well. I think you should focus on maps and mods, since that is things that is not hosted on teeworlds-db wink Other than that it looks great.. smile

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Daniel wrote:

Teemaps
Teeskins
Teesets
Teestuff

best sites imo

The forums are nice, but a database could bring several benefits, especially for browsing through stuff its very nice to be able to see all contributions in a standarized format, so you can easily compare them.

If you do not follow the forums day by day, the way the information is presented there (every topic is different) can be quite a hassle.

Chi11y wrote:

well, imo skins is not a good idea since teeworlds-db is already big and works well. I think you should focus on maps and mods, since that is things that is not hosted on teeworlds-db wink Other than that it looks great.. smile

sry dude, but as they said in a thread (dunno where) teeDB is going to host maps as well smile

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:
Chi11y wrote:

sry dude, but as they said in a thread (dunno where) teeDB is going to host maps as well smile

How about making both do some XML(?) export/imports so the databases can regulary sync with each other.

If that would work, there would not much speak against having 2 databases (webpresentations), not?

BTW: I'm currently trying to gather some mods to put them in a central place with compiled executables for windows and linux. "Teecode" http://code.google.com/p/teecode/

that's what I also understood.
We'll have teeworlds-db - who needs TeeStuff? ^^
Marines, go to teeworlds-db and help the admin there with you're maps/"skill" or whatever. would be better to make one big site with everything then several sites with the same or even nothing at all big_smile wink

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

PaddyKay wrote:

We'll have teeworlds-db - who needs TeeStuff? ^^

thats right!

in this way: We'll have TeeStuff - who needs teeworlds-db? ^^

16 (edited by catpaw 2008-07-30 11:35:55)

marines wrote:

in this way: We'll have TeeStuff - who needs teeworlds-db? ^^

Whatever way we look at it, wouldn't it benefitical if both databases could merge into 1 project? I think to have said who needs teestuff was harsh and unconstructive. But about merging, I think all would benefit from this. But I'd rather have 2 databases, before you doing nothing...

i think it is imposible. how do you imagine this merge? what should be merged?

18 (edited by catpaw 2008-07-30 11:43:19)

marines wrote:

i think it is imposible. how do you imagine this merge? what should be merged?

Take the best practices of both projects and do them in one.
For a start how about comparing code/practices/ideas between this projects?

catpaw wrote:

Take the best practices of both projects and do them in one.

which are the best?

catpaw wrote:

For a start how about comparing code/practices/ideas between this projects?

i'm using framework (Dani not i suppose) which does most of work. i only show it what should it do. almost everything what is in teeworlds-db is in teestuff.

20 (edited by GSGDani 2008-07-30 13:25:45)

marines wrote:

almost everything what is in teeworlds-db is in teestuff.

no no and never
no teeviewer bad design and and and.. i and my friends do the teedb project and you do your project.. let the best win smile

Remember me? Questions? Just leave a message, I will respond within 72 hrs!

Dani wrote:

let the best win smile

that's right :] i was just afraid to say that straight big_smile

22 (edited by GSGDani 2008-07-30 13:30:56)

hehe wink;););)
btw: the idea with 2 in 1 project is really cool.. but i dont know if you want to join teedb .. you can if you want.. but i will never join your project.. its not really nice..

i won't join your project, too, because i'm too lazy to hardcode all features. i would say your project is not really nice. wink

ok so lets do this.. oh and my favourite page is

http://marines.vdl.pl/teestuff/website/contact

25 (edited by marines 2008-07-30 14:15:35)

Dani wrote:

ok so lets do this.. oh and my favourite page is

http://marines.vdl.pl/teestuff/website/contact

me too ;]