Re: TeeStuff :)

Still would you both do a XML import/export? I think there would be a lot to gain, if some of the underlying data could be kept in sync from time to time. That is export the maps/skins to the other database...

sad

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

28 (edited by GSGDani 2008-07-30 14:46:12)

sure N O T !!!!

Remember me? Questions? Just leave a message, I will respond within 72 hrs!

29 (edited by catpaw 2008-07-30 15:27:01)

Dani wrote:

sure N O T !!!!

not what?

Dani wrote:

sure N O T !!!!

Great show guys.. sounds a bit like kindergarten to me tongue

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -

smile I LOVE english... they just using german words ^^
(sorry for the german-offtopic, but it was totally worth it big_smile )

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

32 (edited by marines 2008-07-30 21:31:14)

@datag, mhmmmm...

there is teeviewer implemented now, tilesets section added.

did you find any errors? smile

33 (edited by catpaw 2008-07-30 21:51:04)

marines wrote:

@datag, mhmmmm...

did you find any errors? smile

What happened to this beautiful error page? I miss it sad

just go to some random address written by hand in address bar leaving teestuff address ;]

marines wrote:

just go to some random address written by hand in address bar leaving teestuff address ;]

Yes, but looks not nice now.

Also "© TeeStuff. All rights reserved." disturbs me somehow. But I don't want to break open a hugh openness discussion. Also it might be a good idea in the upload form explicitly tell the user that by uploading stuff he puts his stuff under this or that license. Like cc-by-sa or such.

oh, now is allright big_smile just debugging.

i think by-nc-sa would be the best. changed.

marines wrote:

I want my name somewhere big_smile

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

@spl0k, don't be afraid :] i'll write about you and your teeviewer on page.

marines wrote:

oh, now is allright big_smile just debugging.

i think by-nc-sa would be the best. changed.

cool smile

@datag: definitely kindergarten. Grow up, people.
@php framework: I find it hard to believe that coding normally with minimal files executes slower than a large multi-file framework. <_<

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

41 (edited by marines 2008-07-30 22:45:17)

@spl0k, as you wish smile is it enough? :]
@Roanoke, no, it isn't slower it's faster when it goes about running speed. coding in framework is much faster, but not very efficiency. all in all Kohana is one of the smallest frameworks :] just for small projects like TeeStuff :] speed difference is too small to make big difference.

Marines: I don't know about coding, the backend of teestuff is not all too complex. Have you tried coding teestuff normally?

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

43 (edited by marines 2008-07-30 23:05:34)

as you can see here http://marines.vdl.pl/teemaps/ smile when i started to use first framework i can't live without them now. smile i wrote it in a week learning framework in the same time.

44 (edited by catpaw 2008-07-30 23:12:00)

spl0k wrote:
marines wrote:

I want my name somewhere big_smile

How about on the error page? This error was sponsored by sp10k *hihihi* Sorry couldn't resist that joke.

i've corrected some errors and i've added default TW skins and tilesets. one of the map is wrong by my fault. i deleted it by mistake and i'm waiting the author to send me map once again.

I just tried to upload a map. It always failed.

47 (edited by marines 2008-08-02 00:19:48)

there have to be some errors hmm it works for me, i've just uploaded test map hmm

BTW added userlist with some stats :]

added multilanguage interface smile i've got czech and polish translators. perhaps will be any volunteer to translate language file to any other language? you can download english lang file here: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/69383/en.php

49 (edited by catpaw 2008-08-02 11:25:29)

Okay just manged to upload it. Why aren't dots allowed in the description text? '.' and ',' would be very usefull.

Also when clicking my user I get an error page, "http://marines.vdl.pl/teestuff/users/7"

What about maps for MODs in teestuff? Do you not want them in your database or is there just a field "other gametype" missing?

"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." - Terry Pratchett -