Topic: Pause feature

I was just playing teewars when the phone rang, I had two options, either get killed over and over again or to disconnect from the server. Therefore i came up with the idea of "pausing" the game, I don't know if there is something like this already that I'm not aware of.

I havn't thought it through, but maybe the tee becomes invincible (not killable?) and loses all armor and weapons (becouse we don't wan't people to pause too often), until the player unpauses the game.

If you have any better ideas then please tell, the only thing I want is a way of pausing the game a short while when answering the phone.

2 (edited by Ciol 2007-12-18 19:17:15)

Re: Pause feature

You can change your status as spectactor.

www.teewars.Fr the french community

That was a good idea! Didn't even see that feature, but there is a bug there i think. When changing to spectator you get kills -1. But when i "rejoin" a team I get -1 again!

And I would like to simply pausing without leaving the team.. But maybe it is too much to ask right now. And maybe too many people will start pausing..

One easy way to do it would be to force the player to mouse click to respawn on death. That way only active players would respawn and the problem would be solved.

Spectate sounds like the perfect solution if it even means you keep your score. As for staying in team, why? You can just rejoin it when youre back.

Too truly make things nice for the phone ringing scenario, maybe there should be a quick button too go into spectator mode though.

Penalty should be kept tho, so we don't get a bunch of people freely escaping from unfavorable situations, like low health or enemies with power-ups etc.

Perhaps keep -1 and put a minimum time on it of 1 minute or so.

Slayer

It's hammering time!

7 (edited by zq 2007-12-19 13:26:37)

IMO your score should be resetted to 0 if you go into spectator mode. For public play a pause function is really annoying, so is a possibility to escape dangerous situations going spec. Imagine a public 1on1, you're leading by 2 frags and don't have any weapons or armor. Your foe is pumped up and is trying to get you down. Then you'll just go into spec, loose one frag and return just 1 second before the final whistle is blown.
But I agree, there SHOULD be a timeout feature for competition matches, e.g. a ctf clanwar with 3vs3 playing and someone's pizza is being delivered smile
Just hit pause, game gets hold for let's say 60 seconds but can always be re-started by the one who took the timeout. A configurable amount of timeouts (default maybe 2) per team per game and everything should work fine.

A special competition mode would be awesome too. Waiting during warm up until all players are ready, team locks (and a possibility to unlock), a voting system and that pause feature would be just class.

Totally agree with zq

aka oop²

what zq said
the normal known sv_pause option should be implemented

Or as Zeppelin said, an option to require mouse click to respawn? Sort of smile

11 (edited by V34 2019-05-18 00:22:28)

⠀⠀⠀⠀

v34: you should read my post more carefully smile

Forcing a mouseclick to respawn doesn't work in either 1on1 or teamplay because once one player/team is ahead, all they have to do is sit idle and dead and they will win as the timer goes out.

aka kiwi

V34 wrote:

The click function is also annoying. if you're playing and the other players don't want you there they'll just wait until you leave the server to let them play.

I don't think people will think of it. When they die they'll just spam the click button until they respawn...

airen wrote:

Forcing a mouseclick to respawn doesn't work in either 1on1 or teamplay because once one player/team is ahead, all they have to do is sit idle and dead and they will win as the timer goes out.

You could have it as a config option. Just turn it off for competetiv play. If you go AFK during match it's your own fault.

About the spawn discuss:

Mouse clic respawn + respawn time (sv_respawntime) like 10 secs (or less) will be good imo...

aka oop²

16 (edited by V34 2019-05-18 00:22:17)

⠀⠀⠀⠀

Yes, many fast fps give this feature v34

aka oop²

Okay. If you are on a server, you should play. If you get a phone call or such, tough luck. If you join spectators or switch teams, you loose your score. However, in team-play tournament mode, there should be an option to call for a 1-2min timeout but the general spawning rules are these.

Automatic respawn after 3 seconds. Could perhaps be increased to 5 or something.
After 0.5 seconds, the player can respawn by pressing fire. This could be decreased to 0.25 or something.

There are the rules and possible changes that might happen to them.

seems great for me :>

aka oop²

Yes seems nice, especial the call for a timeout.

Exactly what I suggested and hoped for. Just awesome!

Yeah! More special stuff in the already implemented sv_tournamentmode=1 option!
Is there a posibility to create a for example 1on1 server with posibility to have up to 10 spectators that cannot join (i.e interrupt) the game? I think ppl always shoud be able to spectate a 1on1/2vs2/3vs3(...) server if it has the sv_tournamentmode option set to 1.

Repeating line at the top right corner of your screen:
RallyHagge!  ( ••)   ?????  ( ><) Your name