Topic: The Inside Tee // TOURNAMENT!! :D

chi11y and zach proudly presents...

http://www.varg42.se/~chi11y/teeworlds/inside.png

Your daily source for news about Teeworlds!

Questions and answers:

Q: Okay, You've effectively overused the bold tag, you've used a stupid, immature and fairly large ripoff as a logo and this post is just begging me to troll it... What do you want to say?

A: I'm going to introduce you all to the new unofficial community-centered news site for Teeworlds! While this may sound kinda stupid, boring, ugly or just dull I can tell you it's not. We will try to cover everything that is happening, from every little clanwar or svn commit(okay, not really) out there to big tournaments and releases.

Q: Yeah, speaking of that, why is the topic stating TOURNAMENT as if it was some stupid keyword that would get you high up the search charts on this forum?

A: Well, to give this site some momentum we are KICKSTARTING WITH A DM TOURNAMENT!, just for your pleasure.. More info on the site.

Q: Oh! You got me! I'm so totally freakin' psyked about this tournament and this newspaper thing makes me wanna jump around in circles like a tee on fire!! But... Where is the site?

A: The URL isn't pretty, but I think it's enough. If someone can donate a subdomain or whatever on their teeworlds-related site that would ofcource be cool, I can't order a domain since I'm under 18 and have no paypal shit... >.<

Q: You fail to answer my question, where is the stupid site?

A: Okey, okey... The Inside Tee! ~ http://www.varg42.se/~chi11y/teeworlds/
I suggest you add it to your bookmarks instead of trying to remember the url of a random swedish programmingsite + some subfolders though lulz.

And I am chi11y, reporting for The Inside Tee!

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

Re: The Inside Tee // TOURNAMENT!! :D

Wow you did that Q&A thing really good big_smile

Funny man, i like the newspaper logo. Other than that i dont like that ugly pink tee with neon green boots at the end of all posts sad To say it in other words, i hate it. mad

I hope you will continue your motivation, looks promising. lol

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Captain AMN wrote:

Wow you did that Q&A thing really good big_smile

Funny man, i like the newspaper logo. Other than that i dont like that ugly pink tee with neon green boots at the end of all posts sad To say it in other words, i hate it. mad

I hope you will continue your motivation, looks promising. lol

heh, thanks.. and yeh, I understand if you get mad @ that tee after failing against it so many times ;D. Well, I hope the motivation stays where it is, and I hope to see you tomorrow @ the DM cup, AMN wink

Unpossible :< AMN has moved to his ancestors: on the Mars. ( that fucker is going to be offline for a full month ... he passed his spamming mission to me. I just began, am i doing it well ? ) <3

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

@chilly varg42? ninjakiddie? WTF?
sounds interesting ;-)

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil: Varg42 is a completely unrelated project, I just stole some space and a url for this thingey ;P.

Nice, some stuff (not trolling, suggestions tongue)
Make an RSS feed
You also might want to look at wordpress as a CMS
HTML is not valid
CSS is similarly invalid.

Other than those things (last two can be solved with wordpress if you use a valid theme + wordpress makes RSS feeds automatically), that is a very nice idea there.

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

8 (edited by Jon 2008-07-21 11:52:08)

If you still need a nice-url site than go to www.theinsidetee.wordpress.com.
I'll give you accounts if you just give me your email so I can invite you.

I need to figure out something to put here.

Roanoke wrote:

Nice, some stuff (not trolling, suggestions tongue)
Make an RSS feed
You also might want to look at wordpress as a CMS
HTML is not valid
CSS is similarly invalid.

Other than those things (last two can be solved with wordpress if you use a valid theme + wordpress makes RSS feeds automatically), that is a very nice idea there.

Oh, my fail... I'll try to fix those things, I'm no web-guru... sad

As for Wordpress, I'm not really a fan of wordpress, as I find it overbloated and all wordpress sites look kinda the same.. If someone is willing to help me with either fixing my messed html, or helping me configure wordpress so it works as I want it to...

Jon: The.Inside.Tee@gmail.com will be fine

RSS is something I've been working on, but I guess I'll look into wordpress some more, even tho I'm kinda skeptical..

10 (edited by Jon 2008-07-21 12:09:04)

Okay, I created an account. big_smile
Wordpress is valid, I'm sure. I'll help you configure it, I use it a lot.

I need to figure out something to put here.

Jon, I'd appreciate if I could chat with you over IRC, is that possible?

EDIT: you can use http://embed.mibbit.com/?server=irc.qua … rMotd=true to get on IRC..

The Inside Tee, its inside everyone.. *someone screams in the background*

zach @ quakenet.
Available for map-testing. Msg.

oh lol zach... >.<

--

Here it comes:

Coverage from the tournament:

- Qualifying round.

- The grand finale.

- Interview with the winner!

--

And, I'm currently working on making the site validated, RSS is also in the workings... If anyone has major html/css/php skills and is willing to help, I'd ofcource appreciate it, as I'm far from good @ webdeveloping.. smile

Chi11y: I could help you, I'm pretty good with this stuff. Oh, and you can use wordpress on your server, if you didn't know.

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

Roanoke wrote:

Chi11y: I could help you, I'm pretty good with this stuff. Oh, and you can use wordpress on your server, if you didn't know.

Help is appreciated, could you please contact me or zach on irc? That's the best way to talk with us..

The thing with Wordpress is that I find it bloated, and I like to have a system which I fully understand myself, which I don't with wordpress. The current system is much much more flexible and I can understand how it works, which is a great advantage for me. What I suck @ is writing validating html/css, lol... Also, I've started working on fixing a RSS feed, I'm halfway there so it's prolly an easy fix to get it to work.