Topic: Building from source - define DATA directory location

It would be nice if one could define an option when building teewars from source to where the data-directory is to be located. Under Linux it's pretty common to place binaries in /usr/bin (or /usr/local/bin) and data files in /usr/share (ie: /usr/share/teewars). At the moment it seems to be hardcoded that the data directory is in the same directory as the teewars binary.

Since I'm not the best of C-coders I couldn't find anything in the source, but if it's already possible it would be nice if you could tell me how to. Otherwise I think it's an easy fix (correct me if I'm wrong) just adding some DEFINE and change all places where data is used to use the define instead.

And of course, thanks for a really good game!

MSI K8N NEO4-FI | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice) | 2x1024MB PC3200 3-3-3-8 | Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA2 | MSI GeForce 7600GS 256MB | Pioneer DVR-112D | M-Audio DiO 2448 | Altec Lansing CS21 | Arch Linux 64-bit

Re: Building from source - define DATA directory location

May be you have an other solution, you have to place all files in /usr/share/teewars and now go in /usr/local/bin create a file name teewars for example and in it put this code :

#! /bin/bash
cd /usr/share/teewars
./teewars

and then make a chmod +x teewars on the /usr/local/bin/teewars file.

www.teewars.Fr the french community