Topic: How do you aim?

Hi all.

I only just recently picked up on TeeWorlds and to say that I've enjoyed it is an understatement. Seeing that there's a community behind it all I figured I'd join in a bit and perhaps kick off a bit of a discussion about the game.

While playing I noticed how, even though it would make more logical sense to aim at your enemies with the cursor (point directly on the tee you're shooting at) I find myself just moving the mouse around without really paying much attention to it and simply going by intuition.

But what about you guys - do you aim at your opponents (placing the cursor on your target), or "through" them (placing the cursor on the opposite side of them)? And why?

Re: How do you aim?

teeworlds is a very fast game so i dont aim exactly at the enemy.
i place the cursor somewhere between the opponent tee and mine^^

oh and i turned off the dynamic camera cause i dont like the shaking

I DO aim exactly, while playing instagib. At plain vanilla or other mods, I use my instinct.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

In instagib, I move very fast, so I take what I can. If I think that I might hit my opponent with the current aim, down goes the mouse button. If I have time, I aim on a straight line, if the crosshairs are behind, in front, or on doesn't matter to me.

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

I aim only exactly in ego-shooter big_smile in teewolds i aim a little bit.. and then i shoot... lol

Remember me? Questions? Just leave a message, I will respond within 72 hrs!

hey dani what about the hp?^^

7 (edited by Shiboneko 2008-07-03 12:03:10)

I aim only with my instinct, but i detect that I must shoot bevor the enemy are in my range,
because of the ping
example: Ping 60
Click -> 60 millieseconds -> shoot
Thats Lagshoot
In some games the enemys die although i miss the enemy.
Higher ping is harder then a lower Ping because you must more think ahead.
Ping ftw, lol

I hate my English x.x

Some People alive, simply its illegal to shoot them.
My Language Skills
English -> Ugly, German -> Good

Shiboneko wrote:

In some games the enemys die although i miss the enemy.

enable debug mode - "debug 1" and ull see another tee, following u. Its what the server thinks u are atm. When u have high ping it gets funny.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

torch wrote:

enable debug mode - "debug 1" and i'll see another tee, following u. Its what the server thinks u are atm. When u have high ping it gets funny.

thx.. now i know why i cant get better on fastcap, cause my "shadow" tee is on the right side of the screen compared to my "real" tee in the middle.

100 ping seems to be extremely bad...

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Yea but ure going from left to right no ? xDDDDD

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...