Topic: "Sorry for my english..."

"...Because I'm XX years old and I'm from (Germany/Russia/Wherever else)"

Am I alone to thing there is way too much of these guys who are not even able to listen in class?
Seriously, do like everyone else and LEARN ENGLISH!!!

Thx for feedbacks!

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed.
If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
My skins

2 (edited by Landil 2008-06-11 12:31:57)

Re: "Sorry for my english..."

qwerty800 wrote:

Am I alone to thing there is way too much of these guys who are not even able to listen in class?

Maybe it's annoying, but at least if they try hard and do their best it's okay. This is not a forum concerning literature or linguistics. Therefore it's alright. We want to chat and talk about our game, our hobby we share together. So turn a blend eye and relax. Not all ppl in this world can be as happy as you and get English lessons in school. We are priviliged and we even can play teeworlds instead of working hard to get some food.

I would recommend those who do not speak proper English: Just drop this sentence guys. We know that you speak bad English, one can see it directly on the screen, thus you do not have to remind us.
http://www.flickcabin.com/sessions/da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709/badEnglis.gif

To those who speak English very well I suggest to relax and help.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

qwerty it isn't that easy to learn a language...

we try to be understood and you have to respect that...

yeas lirnn inglesh!!

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991

Some people can't, 037

if($poster["intelligence"] == $intelligence["idiot"])
        deny_post($poster);

why? they only have to listen to the teacher at school...
i am 13 years old and from germany, too and i have no problems with english, french or russian... can speak all these languages...

you can see, my english is OKAY and their english is NOT OKAY... WHY?!

that's what i don't understand... english is the easiest language!
french and russian are very hard to speak... russian because it's not like german or english, it's totally different!
and french because i hate to study all the time these fu**in' verb forms...

there are so many irregular verbs... hate it >.<

english:
i only don't know where to put the commas in my sentences o.O

and if i were one of these kiddies which don't speak english because they are 12 YEARS old or from GERMANY i wouldn't play teeworlds... i would study my english skills...

ima charhgin ma lazerz!!1
SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!!!!11

Captain AMN wrote:

(AMN --> AboMiNation)

Anyway, I don't think it is interesting whether you speak English well or not. You really don't have to tell us, we will notice anyway.

Used to be very active waay back

@Reaper: not everyone can learn languages without any problems like you. i had very much problems with english. i can learn other things better than languages. There will be perhaps something where other say to you its easy to learn but it is very hard for you. perhaps you understand some people after that a little bit more.

Of course its not necassary to post these typical sentences again and again, but where is your problem if there is someone really uncertain in writing english and just post this sentence once?

Posting it once in the first post may be ok, but to have to read it over and over just because they put it in their signatures, really is kind of annoying.

bam: WARNING:'src/game/server/gamemodes/mod.cpp' comes from the future

i am half german and half russian... when i was 4 years old i started speaking german... in my form are people who only speak german and they are learning english... i am speaking 4 languages... that's what i can't understand...

you are right... for example skateboarding... i am learning it VERY slowly...
i know some ppl which are skateboarding, snowboarding and so on...

but they had to learn it, too...

let me explain it:
if you fall off the skateboard, are you doing it all the time again?
no, you try to do it better!

and if you make mistakes in a language, are you doing these mistakes all the time? yes!
if you doesn't study your english skills it will happen all the time!

if you write an exam, you need english!
if a girl wants to see your skateboard skills, you should have the skill to impress her or she will think you are a looser big_smile

SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!!!!11

@Reaper:
I may not be a girl, but I think you're a "looser" for claiming to write fluent "english" but still making mistakes.

deny_post($poster);

Roanoke wrote:

@Reaper:
I may not be a girl, but I think you're a "looser" for claiming to write fluent "english" but still making mistakes.

It's   to loose   ,but it's      the loser     , with only one "o". In general countries and languages are written with capital letters --> write fluent "English"

wink I'm Mr. Know-it-all XD

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

13 (edited by Landil 2008-06-12 14:00:10)

Captain AMN wrote:
Landil wrote:

It's   to loose   [...]

Dunno if that was sarcasm but pls stop all embarassing yourself.

loose=not tight

Hrhr you got it XD

For those who are interested what was right and what was wrong: Here the links to merriam-websters
to lose
loser
loose They say it comes from a German word "l?s"

14 (edited by Max_Steel 2008-06-12 14:00:05)

WTF?!!!

My English isn't good, i know.

But People who thougt about my Words understand me.
That's all!

And then, not everybody have School, or English-Lessons.

And then, everybody have his dialekt.

And, every language has his own grammar, what must be translate into the other grammar, it is the same with the meaning.

I say:
Rechtschreibfehler darfste behalten und weiterverkaufen.
and you have to hear:
You can have and rebuy any mistakes in orthography (Langenscheidt English - German says that orthography means Rechtschreibung).

This is an completely change over of the parts of the Sentence.

You have the same PRoblem when you must learn and write and speak German.

and french because i hate to study all the time these fu**in' verb forms...

You see, this is my problem in English, now, after 6 years of REalschool it is better, but only since the 9. class. But when i hear an English Person who speak English to me, i don't understand him, his speed is to high.

I have Problems with his/her, with the times, and the special grammars.

Mein Leitsatz:
I can Einglish fery vell, but i ca thes net so schnell! big_smile

Roanoke wrote:

@Reaper:

i am a human, too o.O
i cannot speak perfect english!
but i don't speak like these ppl who write:
- i are hear
- you enter me clan?
- here is my first Graphics
- here is the particles also whit other colers
- sorry but there is nothing screen shot
- i now is funny rename name but i have save them whit is names so please rename them
- thanks you!

SHOOP DA WHOOOOP!!!!!!11

Even native speakers make mistakes.

@captain AMN: As I have the same status as you, I reopen this thread wink

@Captain AMN +1 ^^
Go and learn your damn languages reaper wink
So you can boast a bit more Oo
PS---Dont take it personaly---

kitux wrote:

qwerty it isn't that easy to learn a language...

we try to be understood and you have to respect that...

I learned english (Like 70% of ppl here)

90% of teens today would die if Myspace had a system failure and was completely destroyed.
If you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.
My skins

Really, I think as this post.. why they always say: sorry 4 my english..

nobody is perfect...

I know spanish 100% and english... well like 90% except for grammar >=(

anyway, don't apologize, they understand! well except for this:

hey hello i want server please send it plis thanks you

well im just spamming.. i want to sleep.... i write everything that cross my mind smile

I want a server.  Please email it to me. smile

deny_post($poster);

I did not understand this: "i haven't understood this"

Hey, we are talking about english language or about everything else?

I think if not all people can speak correctly on their primary language, then how they can speak correctly on other languages? Also, there are people who understand english, but can't speak it. I mean that, for example, i can understand some german words and unserstand fraze on german language, basing of these words, but i don't know german. I can't say anything except there words.
I can't speak english as good as i want, and because of it i say "sorry for my english". I'm trying to speak better.

Sorry for my english sad

wtf? You want that everybody should learn english perfect to have the admission to post here? Well, also that is historical-thinking! So I would suggest, that everybody here has to learn C, C++, Java, Perl, five other languages, computer science and AI-skills and a MSc, before he is allowed to post here. Everybody has access to the www, so he can learn it.

For some people, learning foreign languages is very hard so he has not an A++ in English! If you think, it is easy: cg, you can buy a present yourself.

So I don't understand, why this game doesn't get any localisations. Also many boards have some special sub-boards for other languages...

I'm NOT sorry of my bad english. If you need a very good text, learn german and I'll give it to you... omg

Compelling argument.

deny_post($poster);

I think this discussion have escalated way past the point.

I don't think everyone have to speak perfect English, as long as they don't tell us how sorry they are about their bad English.

Used to be very active waay back