1 (edited by Appleten 2008-06-08 08:52:27)

Topic: [Map] Pirates New Generation

I dont like some things on the pirates map, so i decided to revise this map.
hope u like it and don´t command to hard wink

*revises
- new blue base
- hearts in stage
- now bothe bases could attacked from two sides
- a bridge build on blue base
- the bridge is under siege from the ship piraten

Download it !!!!!HERE!!!!!

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/2954/beachfightscreen2zz9.jpg

EDIT:

-Open sky by a wire rope

Re: [Map] Pirates New Generation

the blue base was so easy to access in the early version, good job

fine map!
but i think CTF maps should always have 2 ways to the flag

The idea is good, but there is need for technical improvent.

* Turning off high detail, will turn of the background completely(!!!), that must not be. Also high detail with turn off important layers.
* The empty game screen is full of strange squares, viewing it with the homeing mod gives strange results, only use the most top left square for "empty" space, not any square.
* The "touchable sky" also of the original map is IMHO quite a disturbtion of atmosphere... Maybe make a wire or something along the sky, so it looks nice. You can find wires for example in the desert tileset...

Thanks for the tips, I think of revise the map again.
wink

there could also be palm-trees and bushes

hmm ... i made a redesign of the pirates map with a new tileset/graphics, but noone was interested in that map.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I was! And i told you! But i have no frikkin server to host it.
Dong big_smile

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

i think that my old map ( first map i created) only need a new tileset and not a completely new map. I'am looking for a new tilese as soon as possiblet. But perhaps  it is possible to use landils tileset for my "OLD" map?

iphone747 wrote:

i think that my old map ( first map i created) only need a new tileset and not a completely new map. I'am looking for a new tilese as soon as possiblet. But perhaps  it is possible to use landils tileset for my "OLD" map?

Forgive me, but your map is awfully mapped. Fore- and background are mixed and the water tiles look yikes ful. The concept of the map is nice, I like to play it, but red has imho an advantage.

If I find the tileset, i will post it.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

11 (edited by Landil 2008-05-27 18:14:24)

Both files are not perfect and still have a lot of bugs, but the water tiles look pretty neat.

main layer:
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/4097/piratesmained0.th.png

doodads:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3704/piratesnotmainhj8.th.png

background:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/5755/island2uq2.th.png double size http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8899/islandrm8.th.png

edit: link to my redesign of the pirates map http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1321

Thanks@Landil for your titlelayers i will do my best to add your title layer on my pirates map.
PS: i fogive you LOL i know that the map wasn`t good mapped but at this time i was really happy to build a map^^

I love it!!! Best map for me.

teeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

@ iphone - I have often played the map, and I often thought that a few things on the map are unfair.
For example the red base is imba on this map.
If don´t like my revision, I´m sorry. But you don´t must play it wink

@Appleten wow big update.
I have no problem to play this map, but please change the map name because it is a completely new map and not the pirates map

Thanks

Iphone747

Okay I just played another game on this. Really great, but you definitely need to get rid of the 'invisible' walls, lamers keep capturing the flag and climbing right to the top (you already know this cos I saw you saying it to soft, hehe). But yeah, otherwise really really great. smile

teeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Good work dude! big_smile  Before it was very unfair, because some guys camped in the red base and when ive got the flag, they will kill me on the same place... But now its better! Thanks ^^

MyRace:   |   run_fool
Help
Me:    |   Pennergame
My
Clan:    |   «Òó°L»

@Appleten wow big update.
I have no problem to play this map, but please change the map name because it is a completely new map and not the pirates map

Thanks

Iphone747

This weekend I change some things one map,
so i will rename it,
sorry for this name.

THE MAP IS RENAMED IN "beachfight"!!!

Why the need to rename it? It's only a Teeworlds map!!! People know it by the name Pirates New Generation now. sad

Anyway it's still my fave map, great work! And I'm glad you got rid of the invisible area. smilebig_smile

teeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

20 (edited by Appleten 2008-07-06 11:12:32)

NFD Tee wrote:

Why the need to rename it? It's only a Teeworlds map!!! People know it by the name Pirates New Generation now. sad

pirates is not my map,
so iphone asked me to rename it.
sorry guys ^^'

Oh no, I understand that... My question was aimed at iphone moreso than you! But pirates is his map so it's his choice I guess..

teeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

22 (edited by catpaw 2008-06-09 08:43:39)

Appleten wrote:

THE MAP IS RENAMED IN "beachfight"!!!

I've seen the new one. Quite okay, definetly gets better, you're on the right track smile Definetly like how the border of the sky is nicely drawn, so you can no longer "touch the sky"... nice theme fit.

Things I'd improve are... the "snaketunnel" in the pirateship, I don't know ships that good, but it seems a bit unrealistic for me, against the theme. Ships don't have "snaketunnels".

The water doesn't look good, it goes over the sand.

When turning high details off, maybe turn off the mountains as well, as they are detail.

Kind regards,

@Appleten can you send me your tilesets wink i want to make a wather animation in your map lol .. and i think it would be a good idea to add some unhookable walls(tiles)
ive seen you are german too..  pls add me icq: 273803457 thx

Remember me? Questions? Just leave a message, I will respond within 72 hrs!

Dani wrote:

... and i think it would be a good idea to add some unhookable walls(tiles)

No, please don't do that! If you do this map would require a mod to play it, wish is generally bad.

Used to be very active waay back

for unhookalbe tile yes.. but for wather animation not ... wink wink

Remember me? Questions? Just leave a message, I will respond within 72 hrs!