1 (edited by raxxar 2008-05-22 18:19:02)

Topic: [SKIN] Help!!!

Hy There, i'm °RsT° raxxar and i have a problem!!!
My skin doesn't go, why???
http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/7260/defaultsperanwj2.th.png
I have followed all the points in the tutorial but nothing

P.S.:Is my first time obviously xD
P.P.S.: Sorry for my english but i'm italian

Sorry for my english but i'm italian xD

Re: [SKIN] Help!!!

Maybe you should try to put the parts on the exact same position as they are on a default skin. I noticed that your body was way bigger than a normal one, and that your hand should be moved up a little bit.

3 (edited by Lappi 2008-05-22 19:29:36)

What does happen when the skin is rendered:
First the black parts will be painted in the back, then a foot, the hands, the torso and at last the foot in the front. So you have to look carefully that your black shadow/background shapes are exactly at the same place - which isn't in your skin.

What do you have to do? It is very easy: Just select all shapes of your torso (the upper left 3x3 block - you've enabled the grid, haven't you?). Then center it in the 3x3 block. Then you double all shapes with Ctrl+D. Now you should join all shapes to on background shape (Ctrl+"+" plus). Now you move that shape exactly 3x32 = 96 pixel to the right. You can do that in the toolbar in the upper window. Just add 96 to the value in the textbox for the X position. After that change the fill to solid black and increase the black outline (+2px).

Do the same fot the hand and foot (for the foot's shadow you have to substract 32pixel).

Question? search function
Short movies? Lappi's link loft
Teeworlds info'n'tuts on gfx? Landil's sketchbook

Which editor do you use? Better you color the backgroud white or tranparent.

MyRace:   |   run_fool
Help
Me:    |   Pennergame
My
Clan:    |   «Òó°L»