Re: Post Your Weapon Suggestions Here.

How about the regular "bow & arrow" stuffs? big_smile if you like the idea i could be more specific (: thnx

bow and arrow sounds fun. maybe the bow&arrow should have an upgrade? "The harpoon" big_smile

Maybe flashbang, like in CS? big_smile It could flash players near him (makeing white screen for 1-3 seconds).

Sorry for my english wink

i think that toomuch weapons arent good.And sniper how can you snipe somebody in2d game??.
sry for my bad english

55 (edited by The Orange 2007-09-26 01:15:00)

This is my idea for a power-up:
-Angel wings: the idea is that the character gets angel wings, which replaces the grappling hook for a period of time, and basicly it allows you to fly. It would greatly improve movement ability during the time of the power-up. Also i think the art style fits, with some cartoony animated angel wings and a halo maybe.

heres a lame photoshop of what i mean smile :
http://www.imgplace.com/directory/dir1926/1190762108.jpg

56 (edited by Dreamy 2007-09-26 02:21:24)

The Orange wrote:

-Angel wings: the idea is that the character gets angel wings, which replaces the grappling hook for a period of time, and basicly it allows you to fly. It would greatly improve movement ability during the time of the power-up. Also i think the art style fits, with some cartoony animated angel wings and a halo maybe.

http://www.imgplace.com/directory/dir19 … 762108.jpg

Sweet smile

Would need too fly pretty fast too be better than the hook though. Pherhaps one could move in small bursts a bit like with the sword, except shorter distances and reacting on the move buttons rather than the attack button, or maybe reacting on the hook button so you can aim better. With a wingflap animation syncronized with the bursts I think you could get a really nice feel too it anyway smile.

so cute smile)))

aka oop²

Hmm, The wing powerup sounds interesting to me smile

The Orange wrote:

http://www.imgplace.com/directory/dir19 … 762108.jpg

Sounds great!
But it should not respond to movement but to the second mouse button (replaces the hook as the orange said). Should like a third the jump from the sword but able o do many in a row smile

were can i get wing power up

galieus wrote:

were can i get wing power up

Is just a suggestion, not (yet ?) in a game.

I'm sorry for my bad english, i try to improve it.
#teewars.fr

62 (edited by Bass 2007-09-28 15:38:20)

Not really a weapon suggestion, but I had an idea in order to extend the current gameplay:
http://teewars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=71

63 (edited by Juice Lee 2007-10-02 05:07:33)

Hammer Time: Tee throws a monkey that jumps around and attacks with the hammer weapon. The monkey will only exhist for a short time but it can also be shot and killed.

Boxing Gloves: Another h2h style weapon that has a chance of stunning the opponent for a short period. Also if the tee uses the grappling hook on an opponent and then presses the attack button a quick boxing attack / rush is performed.

Turret: Tee places a turret on the ground that fires the pistol weapon at oponents until it is destroyed.

Mind Control Beam: When a tee shoots an opponent with the mind control beam, the tee is able to control his opponent for a short period. (Or the affected player looses control of his tee for a short period and the tee will do random actions during this time.)

Tee Repulse: Tee gets puffy / bigger and is able to repulse or reflect attacks that hit the tee while it is enlarged. This ability can be held but if held the user will run out of ammo / power quickly. Maybe the weapon could look like an air pump or a needle and perhaps the tee will loose mobility while pumping up.

Disable Ray: Hitting a tee with this weapon disables all of the tee's weapons for a short period with the exception of h2h weapons.

Tee Love: Tee throws out a machine that shoots out hearts / armor for a short period. This can be destroyed.

Cursed Tee Power Up: If a tee runs over this power up it will begin to flash. The flashing will slowly become frequent until the flashing is constantly happening. Once the flashing becomes very frequenty the Tee will explode and there will be a fairly big explosion radius. The catch is, the curse can be transfered to another tee by dealing damage to an opponent. So if a tee thats cursed hurts another tee that tee will become cursed and the curse will be relieved from the original holder.

Also I know this is the wrong thread, but it'd be nice if tee's could perform a double jump. Even if the second jump gained less height.

Juice Lee wrote:

Hammer Time: Tee throws a monkey that jumps around and attacks with the hammer weapon. The monkey will only exhist for a short time but it can also be shot and killed.

Too random I think. And too powerful too, probably.

Juice Lee wrote:

Boxing Gloves: Another h2h style weapon that has a chance of stunning the opponent for a short period. Also if the tee uses the grappling hook on an opponent and then presses the attack button a quick boxing attack / rush is performed.

Sweet! Slightly slower than hammer but if you hit first you can keep on punching till the opponent is dead? I like this one.

Juice Lee wrote:

Turret: Tee places a turret on the ground that fires the pistol weapon at oponents until it is destroyed.

What´s the point? Not running out of ammo?

Juice Lee wrote:

Mind Control Beam: When a tee shoots an opponent with the mind control beam, the tee is able to control his opponent for a short period. (Or the affected player looses control of his tee for a short period and the tee will do random actions during this time.)

I don´t think this one fits teewars.

Juice Lee wrote:

Tee Repulse: Tee gets puffy / bigger and is able to repulse or reflect attacks that hit the tee while it is enlarged. This ability can be held but if held the user will run out of ammo / power quickly. Maybe the weapon could look like an air pump or a needle and perhaps the tee will loose mobility while pumping up.

Lovely!

Juice Lee wrote:

Cursed Tee Power Up: If a tee runs over this power up it will begin to flash. The flashing will slowly become frequent until the flashing is constantly happening. Once the flashing becomes very frequenty the Tee will explode and there will be a fairly big explosion radius. The catch is, the curse can be transfered to another tee by dealing damage to an opponent. So if a tee thats cursed hurts another tee that tee will become cursed and the curse will be relieved from the original holder.

Sounds quite fun, but I´d rather see it represented by something else than flashing.

Juice Lee wrote:

Also I know this is the wrong thread, but it'd be nice if tee's could perform a double jump. Even if the second jump gained less height.

Why?

The point of the turret would be to have something that fights for you when your not around. Also it could be great for ctf and tdm when those come out, because it could add some strategy to the game.

After playing more I'm not sure if this game needs a double jump, it'd still be nice because sometimes your grappling hook is just off, but that might take away from part of the skill that im enjoying. So um scratch that maybe hah smile

66 (edited by nealz 2007-10-08 17:11:28)

[EDIT]: Look at my post below!

Well spoken smile
Agree !

aka oop²

I've taken great steps to remove all random behavior in the game because I like the fact that it's predictable and you can't leave anything up to luck. The only random thing now is the respawning order which will be changed for 0.3.0, but exactly how to determine the what spawn point to be used, I have no ideas for yet, haven't thought about it.

The hammer has a knock back problem that makes it seem like the knock back force is random. This will get fixed to 0.3.0.

Imo it's necessary to put up some basic rules for the creation of wpns.
Here are some I find important:

1) No random/luck factor!
Since I've been into competitive gaming for quite a time I really like to
see that luck doesn't decide wheather one wins or not. Wpns like aren't
a hundred percent predictable take the fun for a lot of guys.

Atm the game is quite balanced and not much luck-dependent:
- The Shotty: Good that it doesn't spam randomly!
- The GL: I don't aggree to the statement its often luck to hit as one of the
guys before said! If one really focusses not to get hit you'll manage it.
This mainly makes it a weapon to force your opponent to take specific
ways in order to avoid your fire. This makes it important again to combine
it with pistol and shotty. Exactly this combination of knowing when to use
which gun seperates the men from the boys.
- The Pistol as said: Awesome. I like the fact that you have to hold it in
order to recharge! This also makes a good player!
- The Hammer: No. Especially in situations where there are two guys with
them it's impossible to win because of "skill". I don't have any idea of how
to fix it but i think there has to be some way!

Another of these random-factors i really don't like is that tees spawns are
random!That has nothing to do with the topic but how would you like it when
one could choosefrom several spawns when being able to scroll around the
map after death?

2) No Super-Hitscans! In order to compensate the momentary situation of
sometimes messy pings (i wait for antilag in 0.3!) it'd be good to make the
hitscan weapons as such:
- Big volume, maybe a one-tee-thick ray or so that almost guarantees a hit.
It'd be a pain in the ass to get killed because of ping-disadvantages...
- Limited on ammo (5 or so)
- Limited on damage

I like the idea not to be able to move while charging up... But it'd be even
cooler only being able to use the hook (-> no aircontrol, no movement).
That could make it really challanging to hit well, dodging and aiming and
following your target at a time - demanding!

3) Leave it to one fire button! Don't go with a second mode of weapons or
a trigger button! Remember the release of fire is also a trigger!  It's poor
to see how few games really use this strong possibility on their guns! Imagine
chargable wpns, think of wpns that launch projectiles which detonate on release.
Teewars should bring some alternative weapons!

4) Keep the gameplay concise and comprehensible!
The concept to be able to see the amount of demage done tby these little
stars is great; the simple health/armor and ammo indication from 1 up to
10 units rocks as well. It wouldn't be teewars when you changed it to "half
hearts and quarter bullets" in order to implement shaft like weapons (wouldn't
really fit with the netcode till now as well). Miniguns and such would need way
more amunition and could - with its amount of shots and spam - take a bit of
the overview. Same to the flamethrower and similar.

Sticking to that concept also makes life difficult for effects that happen over
time like poison or a shaft that wouldn't be one if the health system wasnt
changed. However when these effects are applied the victim should be somehow
able to see why they're there!
Imagine you got poisioned. A progressbar under your health with a number on it
appears and counts down from x to 0. Every time it passes through you loose
Hearts/Shards and does x=x--. When it drops to zero it ends ofc. A visualisation
for a freeze-effect could work similar; even a shaft would easy be convertible in
this manner (bars wouldn't last long tho... :D).

So here is what I thought of for a rough frame in which weapons should be arranged
inside. I'll come up with a few weapons, tools and drawings later.

70 (edited by marvinj 2007-12-22 21:11:09)

A automatic gun would be nice you dont need to click all the time.

And the railgun from q3 tongue love that gun!

Beware of qposMarvinj wink

Maybe a powerup where the Tee shrinks to half size making it harder to hit?

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

yep, shrinking, as well as "wings" power ups are really nice ideas. I think that there should be many various powerups, the more (balanced ofc ;p), the better.

73 (edited by Dreamy 2007-12-30 20:04:12)

nealz wrote:

Sticking to that concept also makes life difficult for effects that happen over time like poison or a shaft that wouldn't be one if the health system wasnt
changed. However when these effects are applied the victim should be somehow
able to see why they're there!
Imagine you got poisioned. A progressbar under your health with a number on it
appears and counts down from x to 0. Every time it passes through you loose
Hearts/Shards and does x=x--. When it drops to zero it ends ofc. A visualisation
for a freeze-effect could work similar; even a shaft would easy be convertible in
this manner (bars wouldn't last long tho... big_smile).

I´m not sure there should be poison in the game, but if included, I have an idea of how it could be quite neatly integrated in the current health-system.

-Poison damage could be shown with green little puffs in the same way stars show normal damage.

-Instead of removing hearts, poison would turn them green and sick-looking, starting with the heart furthest too the right. Green hearts would then dissappear over time one at a time, always at the same pace. Regular damage would remove green hearts first, so poison would be useless if you could kill your opponent anyway.

-Since I don´t see how shields turning green would make sence, the intuitive sulotion is probably too let poison ignore armor.

-Picking up hearts (life) could turn green hearts into healthy hearts before adding new ones (starting from the left). That way a single heart would save you from poison death, while at the same time poison could be used too prevent your opponent from healing.

Some other Ideas for Powerups:

Pistolero: The Tee picks up a Cowboyhat with two crossed pistols
on top of it, making it insantly appear as its new gear. It now
has the ability to automatically fire an inf amount of pistol rounds
at fastest speed for a specific amount of time.
This would fit the Humor and weiredness of the Teewars/Worms-Style.

Rocketpack: An Astronauts helmet with a Rocketpack is picked up.
The Tee looses influence of gravity and moves around in the air freely.
Due to his rocketpack he can manouver quite fast, easily and well.

Heart/Shard-Thrower: A fireman's helmet is picked up giving the Tee
also a firetube in its hands he can then use to reinforce his team by
sputtering little hearts and shards from it.

Baseball-bat: Interesting in long flat CTF-terrain to boost a teammate or
shoot back attackers in their half. Can also be used on the flagcarriers.
It breaks after one usage in the Tees hands making it a one-bullet gun.
It doesn't deal a massive amount of damage, tho the overpowered knockback
makes it worth/punishment enough using it.
Also imagine: Two tees enter a very flat opposing base. It may also be in
a valley; but most important with only very few obstacles. One picks the
Flag the other one hits him with the bat giving him a huge advantage running
from his chasers...

All of the weapons mentioned are special ones you won't have from the beginning on.
Spawntime, REspawntime, Place of their appearance on the maps and their exact balance
do of course have to be discussed. Just to jot down these ones quickly smile...

With all due respect, nealz, I don't think you've quite understood the basic design of Teewars.

Teewars is not Worms, and we actively want to stay away from "gag-weapons" such as exploding sheep or banana bombs. Worms aims at being unpredictable, absurd and somewhat luck-based -- Teewars is, ideally, none of those things. Maybe it's the cutesy cartoon-like design that confuses you. The closest description, like we've mentioned earlier, would be "Super Mario Quake" in that it's primarily focused on rapid, multiplayer shooter action with high maneuverability.

That said, the heart-thrower and the baseball bat are interesting notions; I certainly have no opposition against tactically relevant "one-shot" weapons, or adding weaponry that only makes sense in team play. I doubt, however, that the quick pace of Teewars lends itself to Tribes 2 / ETQW / Team Fortress-style "pin down and heal" gameplay. Just die, respawn and get revenge smile

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, keep 'em coming smile