Topic: Post Your Weapon Suggestions Here.

Like the topic says, do you have any interesting weapon ideas? If so,  we would love to se them!

One thing worth mentioning is that the dev team early on decided that there would be no automatic rifle/weapons. one of the reason for this is due to the fact that it's alot simpler aim in 2d than i our 3d counterparts and that would just make it to easy to use,  another reason is stray bullets, there would probably be alot of "luck" kills off your screen just becaus of some bullets that missed the intetional target. now luck is fun sure. but luck by design in a skillbased game. But hey, If you dont agree with this and would love to se an automatic weapon i teewars, just argue with us ^^ suggest it anyways smile

Here are the weapon suggestions from the "What should we focus on." thread.

Matricks Weapon ideas:

Sludge Gun

* A weapon that shoots sludge at players.
    * Makes them move slower and heavier.
    * The more sludge the slower they move.
    * Stacks up to 2-3 times.
    * Low damage.

Mjolnir / Lightning Gun

* Fires a lightning going straight forwards.
    * If it hits a player, it deals X damage
    * It jumps to players in the vicinity dealing X-1 dmg until X becomes zero
    * Should not deal as much damage on first target as rocket or shotgun
    * Should be used in situations where you fire at multiple targets more.

Nic2's Weapon ideas:

Grenade

* Bounces when hit walls and explodes after some time 1-2 sec.
    * Damage 2-5 or something, and do area of effect damage.
    * Might be a good idea to limit to one per map and have a long respawn time on it.

Flamethrower

* Sets tees on fire so they take dmg over time, though not much and not for long.
    * Maybe burn through armor.

Machinegun

* Heavy weapon that spews rounds all over the place.
    * Very high rate of fire but low damage, maybe make the tees unable to move while fireing.

Poison dart

* The player gets one dart and throw it a short distance and it flys in an arch.
    * When a player is hit by the dart the poison makes the tee swell,
       like a baloon and starts to rise from the ground making him unable to move
       (except with the hook) and more vurnable to attacks (like double damage),
       the poison would last max 2sec I think.
    * The dart does no damage by itself.

Throwing dagger

* The daggers would decline after some distance when thrown and not go in a straight line like a bullet.
    * Should do much damage as they are hard to hit with them.

Sticky bomb

* Thrown like a grenade but will stick to walls and tees and detonate after 1sec.

Stake gun

* Fires a large pole that goes through tees.
Say if there are two or three tees in a row it will hit and damage the first,
then continue through him and hit the second one and damage him
and then through him to the third and damage him.
(Maybe only go through one tee and maybe do less damage after each 'go through')

Re: Post Your Weapon Suggestions Here.

It's not really a weapon, but a teleporter of some sort perhaps? Would be great for quick escapes when cornered, or to unexpectedly sneak up on someone.
Though you should only be able to teleport somewhere on the screen, which still could be usefull to get around walls and stuffs.
Also, to not make it chaotic with tees disappearing and popping up everywhere, it ought to be somewhat rare and not have to many reloads. (3?)

Next, you need some sort of "sniper" weapon for instagib! Though you don't like spamming weapons, this one has to reach till it hits the wall! On screen or not.
As I see it, this weapon wouldn't be very usefull unless it did massive damage. But then it would really suck to get accidentally hit by someone on the other side of the map! Therefore I think it should do sort of weak damage (2-3?), but come with the capability to zoom out a little bit! That way it would be more usefull than the regular gun, which otherwise would be pretty much the same thing, but with faster reload.. Which would make it even better than this sniper thingie.
I'd actually prefer it if this weapon was some classic laser like thingie, though something more innovative might work as well..

Shield

A shield which any tee can use whenever he has armor. Costs 1 armor each second at use,
and gives 100%  immunity to damage taken from the aimed direction.

A great way to shield off youserlf in crisis siatuations, and of course it doesnt have to be
100% immunity if its too imba.

The teleport, not so sure about this idea. Is it a pickup? Is it a weapon? how should it be used? Not so sure about it.

I've thought about a sniper weapon and there will be some sort of long range weapon, but how it will work I'm not too sure about how it will work and how to make so it that people with just sit and camp with it. I will take some time to think about it and try some stuff out.

The shield. I've had this idea before as well and I kinda like it. I like the twist that it uses armor to fuel it self. But somethings I'm unsure about. Is it a ability that you just have, like the hook, or is it something you pickup. I will think about this as well and try some stuff out.

5 (edited by Slayer 2007-08-09 12:38:49)

Shield sounds kind of cool.

I also thought about "Regeneration" kind of like in Quake III.
A pickup that heals 2 points each second or so for an amount of time.

Slayer

It's hammering time!

Slayer wrote:

Shield sounds kind of cool.

I also thought about "Regeneration" kind of like in Quake III.
A pickup that heals 2 points each second or so for an amount of time.

Yeah, here is the thing tho. We try to keep away from the usual power up to do something more wild and crazy with them, like the ninja power up. We have some other ideas in this line that will be tried out. The ninja is our quad damage, we might bring in something that is our version of regeneration, something that makes you harder till kill for the next X seconds.

How about a life drain then? Steal 1 health point per second from enemies within a certain radius to heal you and damage them.

Slayer

It's hammering time!

Slayer wrote:

How about a life drain then? Steal 1 health point per second from enemies within a certain radius to heal you and damage them.

Now we are talking smile

A speed powerup, makes the tee move faster for a shot period of time, only movementspeed not attackspeed tongue
Or maybe a slowmotion powerup that slows all other tees on the map, but that might ruin the gamespeed.

10 (edited by Slayer 2007-08-09 13:06:45)

Or a Berzerk powerup maybe, removing all armor, doubling rate of fire and draining 1 hp / sec on user until death (or until it wears off if user manages to collect hearts).

Slayer

It's hammering time!

matricks wrote:

The teleport, not so sure about this idea. Is it a pickup? Is it a weapon? how should it be used? Not so sure about it.

Perhaps something similar to the translocator in unreal tournament?

Sniper rifle
holds: 10 energy cells
direct hit weapon
damage depending on distance and charge (explained below)

When firing the rifle, player must be standing on solid ground. If the rifle is fired while in-air, nothing will happen until player hits ground. The player cannot move while charging. There is an immense knockback force upon firing.

The sniper rifle has a variable charge, controlled by a click-hold-release mechanism. The smallest possible charge is 1 "energy cell",  which does 1 damage, and lasts for about 2/3 of a screen. This can be increased by holding the trigger longer, which extends damage and range -- charge 10 takes 5 seconds, has infinite range and does 10 damage.

The knockback is scaled against the charge, where 1 is equivalent of a small jump, while 10 is roughly the same as getting hit with a hammer.

We could possibly implement knockback damage as well.

teetow, nice, I like it. Perhaps 5 seconds is a bit long but thats tweak able. If you hold it to max change too long the weapon will explode, you will take damage, and loose the weapon, so you just can stand on one place, charge it to max and wait for your victim.

Yeah, that's a good restriction.

Edit: Any action in the middle of a fire sequence (moving, switching weapons, firing the hook) should either be disabled, or it should cancel the fire sequence. This gives you a chance to bail out.

Power hook (bad name tongue):
Select it like a weapon but you cant fire it with attack1 (nothing will happen).
You fire it with the hook button and instead of launching the normal hook you will launch the power hook that
have a little longer range than a normal hook but does some damage (2-3?), but works like the normal hook in other aspects.

Multishooter (another bad name tongue):
Fires homing bullets/missiles/energy balls, or something that hit up to five (or less) tees withing a small radius of the player.
Will have to do small amount of damage, maybe one (can be good in team games ? smile )

vacuum machine/dust buster/tee buster!
Sucks the tees towards you. When they are stuck in the mouthpiece(?) you switch over to exhaust and hurl the poor little tee into the wall or at another tee.
Maybe the enemy still could be able shoot when they are stuck, but within a restricted angle.

..and I just now realize how similar this is to a "gravity gun". :/ Blargl, it might be cool anyway..

Boomerang

ammo 10, If you manage to intercept your thrown boomerang you get to keep it.
    Fairly slow reaload time, only two boomerangs can be active at any time.
    Dmg: 2-4 per hit, the boomerang can hit you several times. (like on the way back)

String Bomb

ammo 10
    when you press and hold the attack button a grenade attached to a string will be launched
    straight in the direction you aim, when you realese the button the tee will pull the string and
    the bomb will blow up.
    dmg 4, splash dmg 1-2.

The sticky bomb and the lightning gun sound nice, also a gravity gun like in hl2 would be fun. smile

red com wrote:

Boomerang

Dmg: 2-4 per hit, the boomerang can hit you several times. (like on the way back)

Love that idea smile. Maybe there could be one or two on the map, and if you miss it or it happens too hit a wall it would fall down and then transform into a pickup wherever it lands, so whoever gets too it first can take it. So the same boomerangs would be in rotation all the time.

Yet again not a weapon, but maybe a cloaking powerup would be cool?

Btw, how wanted are these powerup sugestions anyway?

Dreamy wrote:
red com wrote:

Boomerang

Love that idea smile. Maybe there could be one or two on the map, and if you miss it or it happens too hit a wall it would fall down and then transform into a pickup wherever it lands, so whoever gets too it first can take it. So the same boomerangs would be in rotation all the time.

And if it hits you from the back you'll get hurt, like a normal boomerang! smile

gibbon wrote:

Yet again not a weapon, but maybe a cloaking powerup would be cool?

Btw, how wanted are these powerup sugestions anyway?

Sugestions never hurt ^^
keep on sugesting whatever it is you want to.. ehh. sugest smile

Someone mentioned a teleporter... Well it doesn't have to be equippable, what about a stationary teleporter?

Another cool thing could be stationary turrets. Could come with restrictions such as only able to aim 180 degrees (and be able to the occupant from behind) or perhaps overheating, or even regenerating ammo like the pistol.

That sniper rifle you were discussing....

matricks wrote:

teetow, nice, I like it. Perhaps 5 seconds is a bit long but thats tweak able. If you hold it to max change too long the weapon will explode, you will take damage, and loose the weapon, so you just can stand on one place, charge it to max and wait for your victim.

If you charge it for 5 seconds as said in the previous post it would drain all the weapon enery in one shot and would make the weapon not so attractive if you want to avoid campers (ie a lot of weak shots or one big shot) And making the weapon explode would make it more action-oriented.

Btw i think you should implement headshots in this game XD

i dont know if its to late to write anything here or if you snap it up to next version, but maybe make the players drop their weapon (maybe with 50% less ammo or maybe a certain % chance to drop) when dieing. yikes just a thought.

Den Ultimata Sanningen har talat