Re: Post Your Weapon Suggestions Here.

Some thoughts about the shield and the sniper rifle:

Sniper Rifle:
First of all, the game has a fun "silly" feeling that makes it unique. Implementing ordinary weapons without an extra touch makes the whole thing boring, that's why I like the idea about the rifle exploding when charging it for too long time.
A second idea a had about the rifle is that it should have some kind of "knockback" for the tee that shoots as well, this i think makes it harder to "camp".

Shield:
An excellent idea! I love the shield from CS, but when it successfully blocks something the tee shopuld be knocked back (the more it blocked the longer knockback)

I'll be back when i have more ideas smile
// Jonas

DenUltimataSanningen wrote:

i dont know if its to late to write anything here or if you snap it up to next version, but maybe make the players drop their weapon (maybe with 50% less ammo or maybe a certain % chance to drop) when dieing. yikes just a thought.

Muaha, looting for the win smile. Ser ingen anledning till att det skulle minska ammo dock, det vettiga vore väl om det gav så mycket som spelaren hade kvar.

I got another idea, someone said that the flamethrower was hard to decide where the damage came from or something lika that. Why not if you get hit by the flame the tee start to burn for 3 seconds, during that time you lose 1 damage and the tee doesnt stop running (it keeps running towards the direction the tee is looking and the walk controllers do'nt respond).

And the tee cant get hurt by any other fire until it has stopped burning?

At least i think it was a good idea big_smile

29 (edited by panda 2007-08-14 12:49:50)

Dreamy wrote:
DenUltimataSanningen wrote:

i dont know if its to late to write anything here or if you snap it up to next version, but maybe make the players drop their weapon (maybe with 50% less ammo or maybe a certain % chance to drop) when dieing. yikes just a thought.

Muaha, looting for the win smile. Ser ingen anledning till att det skulle minska ammo dock, det vettiga vore väl om det gav så mycket som spelaren hade kvar.

I agree, it would be really nice to be able to pick up weapons from those you have killed/that are dead.

note: sorry teetow.

English, people!

I'm drawing a blank right now, but there's a Nintendo game out there where players who are on fire go berserk and run like mad whenever they're on fire. You can change directions, but you cannot stop running or use your weapon / hook. That's a possible implementation for the flamethrower.

Maybe some power-ups that last until the tee dies, like faster move-speed, faster shoot-rate, longer hook, higher jump, stronger weapons? It could be a power-up that doesn't appear too often (like the ninja sword) and disappear when you die (not dropped for others to pick up, there was someone who had an idea about this for noalmr weapons that I don't agree with wink ).
The power-up could also be an increase of random sort, thet when you pick it up it could increase one of the above mentioned values.

I think I have too many ideas.. just tell me and I can calm down a little! big_smile

I would like an arrow ;-)

33 (edited by panda 2007-08-14 15:11:57)

Retarded tee wrote:

I would like an arrow ;-)

And a bow, I guess.

teetow wrote:

English, people!

I'm drawing a blank right now, but there's a Nintendo game out there where players who are on fire go berserk and run like mad whenever they're on fire. You can change directions, but you cannot stop running or use your weapon / hook. That's a possible implementation for the flamethrower.

That would be really nice to see big_smile.

Something that make you invicible (like in ssb(m)).

Since I'm more of a powerup person, I'll post my ideas here:

* rubber ball - the tee becomes extremely bouncy and can gain great speed in small spaces, hurting every opponent they hit
* Bangai-O allround attack - multiple projectiles released all around the player, amount of projectiles depends on the proximity to other players/bullets/things

Languages shapes the way we think, or don't.

Just a thought, maybe the flamethrower doesnt have to bee a weapon but a power-up instead. In any case, it would look cool if the tee had a firefigher's (fire man? brandman?) clothing, or hat at least. big_smile

Maybe a businessman's power-up too, a sort of suicide power-up/weapon. Either the suitcase is a bomb or the cellphone's radiation slowly kills the tee (and other tee's that are close). I think the suitcase bomb is the best, but the cellphone is more innovative.

I think the gameplay would loose a lot of tempo, and with that the fun, if you have too many weapons to choose from.
As I see it, only one or two new weapons should be added.

My suggestions are:

The crossbow

* High damage (5-7 health?) but slow reload time.
* Long range.
* A slight ballistic effect. 

The Snare gun (or freeze gun)

* Snares the target for 2-3 seconds. The target is immobilized, but can still shoot.
* No damage. 

In my opinion, you should instead focus a lot on adding
time-limited "super items", such as the ninja sword.   

Here's some ideas for some new "special items"

The Vampire Cape

* While shooting/Hammering other Tee's, you gain the same amount in health.
* Adds a black Dracula cape to the Tee who use it + sharp teeths.

The laser scope

* Adds laser sight to help you aim.

The Tommy-gun

* A weapon that keeps firing while you're holding down the fire button.
* 3-4 bullets every second, 1 damage each.
* Unlimited supply of ammo, no reload required.
* Mid/low range of fire.
* While shooting, the Tee laughs like a mad gangster.

The skunk

* All Tee's close enough to the user of this item loses 1-2 health every secound.
* The Tee using the item wears a gas mask while being surrounded by thick green smoke.

The Cleanser

* If picked up, every Tee using a "special item" dies. (Including the Tee who took it. If he got one.)
* If the Cleanser is used, a "religious" sound appears, notifying everyone. 

The boulderball-transformer

(Im not sure about this one, but I thought the idea was cool.)

* Transforms the user to a large ball.
* While in this form the Tee can't use his rope, but makes him act like a bounce ball.
* The Tee can jump higher while in this form.
* Everyone that toutch the ball dies or takes very high damage.
* After a while, the ball crack. This counts as a suicide.

Tin wrote:

The laser scope

The skunk

* All Tee's close enough to the user of this item loses 1-2 health every secound.
* The Tee using the item wears a gas mask while being surrounded by thick green smoke.

The Cleanser

* If picked up, every Tee using a "special item" dies. (Including the Tee who took it. If he got one.)
* If the Cleanser is used, a "religious" sound appears, notifying everyone. 

(Im not sure about this one, but I thought the idea was cool.)

* Transforms the user to a large ball.
* While in this form the Tee can't use his rope, but makes him act like a bounce ball.
* The Tee can jump higher while in this form.
* Everyone that toutch the ball dies or takes very high damage.
* After a while, the ball crack. This counts as a suicide.

The laser scope
* Auto-aim
The laser sight keeps focusing on the closest tee in the direction the ordinary mouse-pointer/crossair is

The Cleanser
This idea is great if there are many players active and many power-ups availible. Only 8 players are too few for this one i think.

I don't like this idea at all, it feels so big and complicated sort of. The power ups/weapons should be pretty simple.

38 (edited by ethex 2007-08-16 00:07:05)

I think it would be more fun and fair if the ninja-sword spawned randomly over the map.

Also, another fun weapon would be "Strangle". Where you hold an opponent and it takes damage over time. How and if the "soon-to-be-strangled"-player could escape would be to kill the attacker and/or himself (since they're stuck together).

Claymore (Mines) would be fun. Which should be active in a short period of time. They should be a little bit cloaked so that you wont spot it from miles away. This would be an effective way to defend your flag (in the upcoming CTF-mode).

Jetpack.

A weapon which disarms other tees (from all except the hammer), and maybe steals the other tees active weapon.

39 (edited by LazyDog 2007-08-17 01:58:53)

I like Tins ideas. Other than that i would like to see:

Akimbo Golden Colts
(Think Killer Bean)

When holding the weapons you cant use ninja rope. Instead the right mouse button fires your second gun (making it possible to fire two shots at once).
Each bullet deals one damage.
For example graphic look at avatar.  smile

Nic2 wrote:

Power hook (bad name tongue):
Instead of the normal hook [...] have a little longer range [...] but does some damage.

I was thinking something like that, except when you grapple another tee toward you, you can, I dunno, stab them  when they reach you or something. That sounds too violent for such cute critters, but the concept stands. ^_^

The game is extremely fast-paced, so I think there should be some limitations on weapon choice.
Perhaps only allowing certain weapons for certain maps.

EG: Have an army type map where army-based weapons are involved (grenades, snipers, rifles etc..)

Just an idea, anyway.

siccness wrote:

The game is extremely fast-paced, so I think there should be some limitations on weapon choice.
Perhaps only allowing certain weapons for certain maps.

EG: Have an army type map where army-based weapons are involved (grenades, snipers, rifles etc..)

Just an idea, anyway.

Yeah, this is up to the map designer. Just look at Q3. There are few maps that actually got all the weapons on them.

Name: Ba-Bomb
Type: Bomb
Element: Fire/Explosion
Weapon: Power-up/Special

Description: When Ba-bomb is pick up you get 1 chance. You click the fire button and he ba-bomb walk around and when you click again it blows up.

Description 2: When Ba-bomb is pick up you get 1 chance. You click the fire button, it will charge. ther longer the charge the more time it takes to detonate. the ba-bomb will walk around blow up based on charge.

Description 3: When Ba-bomb is pick up you get 1 chance. You click the fire button and the ba-bomb will walk around and will randomly explode.

-------------------------------------
Name: Stun Gun
Type: Gun
Element: Electric
Weapon: Ninja Sword

Description: The gune is a  couple time use. IT will shock the tee and leave them paalyzed for a few seconds to get a hit or two.
--------------------------

Kirby tee - I scroll down but didnt see the name, but you suck up tees and poop them out might be hilarious

Rubber ball tee - instead of the tee why not have  a map that like a giant bouncy ballroom (the one the kids play in).

Lot of talk regarding that sniper. Regarding the zoom-function, I don't see how zooming in on the screen would help ones aim, however, how about showing what's two quarters of a screen away from your tee, in the direction it's turned? Being able to shoot maybe three shots like that would be interesting.

i agree with the idea of throwing knives, would add some level of skill and provide an oppurtunity for some knife only death arenas??

ps. cant wait to see a gun.game server for teewars

,Rochey

Latch Mine

* Ammo limit: 5
* Damage: 3 hearts for direct and 2 heart for splash
* Mine launches towards the direction of the target within it's range and explodes immediately when it leaves it's radius (or it can be timed if that works better).
* If mine connects with the target, it will count down from 5 and the target can move towards other players to damage them. (or if you go the timed route, use the remianing time)
* A maximum of 2 mines can latch onto a target, doubling the damage and splash radius.

yes i agree with grnades for sure!

but we should defintaely get rid of the grenade launcher ><.
haha biggest 'luck' kills ever.
maybe not get rid of but make it a priveledged weapon like the sword.

,Rochey

48 (edited by Fubar 2007-08-31 22:49:35)

What about the star from Mario? It would be cool to be invicible for a bit!

Heres some weapons.

Dual Pistol

-Double ammo of normal pistol
-2X faster than normal pistol
-2X more damage

Lightning Gun

-Slow but Powerful
-5 ammo
-Slows down enemys for 3 seconds

Uzi

-Rapid fire
-40 ammo
-Weak but fast

Auto Rifle

-Strong and Powerful
-30 ammo
-Long range

Laser Rifle

-Fast
-Accurate
-30 ammo
-Medium range

50 (edited by jangs 2007-09-13 19:05:35)

blitzkrieg27 wrote:

Heres some weapons.

Dual Pistol
-Double ammo of normal pistol
-2X faster than normal pistol
-2X more damage

Good idea! smile

Lightning Gun
-Slow but Powerful
-5 ammo
-Slows down enemys for 3 seconds

Good idea! smile

Uzi
-Rapid fire
-40 ammo
-Weak but fast

Sort of bad idea, a weapon can't be weaker than 1 damage/shot. But you could make it inaccurate, sort of like awp without zoom in CS.

Auto Rifle
-Strong and Powerful
-30 ammo
-Long range
Laser Rifle
-Fast
-Accurate
-30 ammo
-Medium range

I don't know about these two, I kind of don't like them.

EDIT: Something happened to my lines inside the quote, anyway, i think you know what i want to say..