Topic: Mapeditor: Envelopes

Envelopes are sure a cool things, you can make many nice things with. However editing them is not an easy task. Here a suggestion how one could improve envelope editing quite a lot:

Instead of positioning the x/y/r (r/g/b/a) points in the envelope, allow the map editor to set a beam as "current" in the time frame of the envelope. The editwindow then moved to this point. Now you can simply move/rotate/change colors the quads in the normal editor. Go to another point timeframe, edit the quads again and so on. Now the editor just has to specify the alteration function and is done.

Additionally I'd think a cool thing would be beside the x/y/r coords of the center, to be able to move every corner of a quad as time animates... so you can stretch over time and much more. (I guess the light beam editors would love this do be able to do more than rotating a beam)

With this one could for example do moving arrows in a race, that follow the course in background. Technically its do able now, but no sane human can enter the needed values in the envelope editor.

I wanted to do a small bird, that from time to time flies through background...  With flapping wings... I gave up with the current envelope editor smile (As the bird would fly 40 seconds over the map, but the wings needed to flap every like 1-2 seconds while moving exactly with the bird, its just not doable witht he current settings...)