1 (edited by dudechill 2019-05-19 00:51:41)

Topic: DDrace server hosting and DDrace map creation on 7.2

I have been looking for a topic that keeps up to date on the latest ddrace mod, and I can't find it. if it exists, please direct me there smile

I've wanted to find out how to host a ddrace server for a while, but all I could find was the ddnet server (a totally different thing) and I want to host ddrace to the VANILLA clients. obviously, there is a server mod other than ddnet's that hosts to vanilla, so where can I find the download, or what adjustments do I need to make to the vanilla server?

also, a have created a map, but on the ddnet client. can I somehow convert the ddnet map file to work with vanilla teeworlds? or do I just have to rebuild it on a different client? (I'm prepared to). And if I have to rebuild it, what client or mod do I have to use?

sorry I'm a noob lol

Re: DDrace server hosting and DDrace map creation on 7.2

There are several 0.7.x DDRace modifications. For example, I wrote a minimalistic one. DDNet is 0.6 only.
The thread also contains instructions to port 0.6 maps to 0.7.
I'll update it to 0.7.3 tomorrow for whoever is interested.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Thanks so much! I got map_update to work.

does the server support chain-through tiles? (probably not I assume but I may be wrong)

and I don't know if this has to do with anything but if I had a tile in the map that has freeze and teleport (just an example not real XD) by using the 'game' and 'front' layers, will it work with the server?

dudechill wrote:

does the server support chain-through tiles? (probably not I assume but I may be wrong)

No

dudechill wrote:

and I don't know if this has to do with anything but if I had a tile in the map that has freeze and teleport (just an example not real XD) by using the 'game' and 'front' layers, will it work with the server?

Yes

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Awesome! thanks again big_smile

6 (edited by dudechill 2019-05-26 17:30:33)

I'm back!

I converted the file successfully but found that only freeze, unfreeze and chain/unchainable tiles worked and that speedup and timer tiles don't work. is this because the server doesn't support it, or because I used the ddnet game tile layout instead of race?

either way, I'm also curious as to how to create a map for 0.7 natively (instead of making a map for 0.6 and then converting it.)

There are no speedup tiles, only path blockers.
Timer tiles? You mean race start/end/checkpoints? They do work, it's a race fork so everything in race is in there.

To make a 0.7 map your best bet is to look at the structure of the maps you exported. The entities are on github (datasrc/editor), they're the same as 0.6 for the base stuff.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

8 (edited by El BobLex 2019-08-26 10:00:57)

I can't get teleport tiles to work. Ran the map_updater but teleports wont work

Edit: I fixed it