Topic: A way to make mods run better? make client compile mod in a sandbox?

I have been thinking about parts of teeworlds which I especially like, and I think one of the best things is the variety of the mods TW has, like ghost or alien or survival (as a side note, I am really happy to see SUR mod becoming an official mod in teeworlds -- now under name LTS).

But there is a problem, if you want to make a fancy game mod, you would want the client to know the physics of the mod to predict the movements, or else with higher ping the mod would feel a lot more laggy.

The two main solutions to that problem are normally either to have a really well made expressive and fast scripting language, or have the client get a compiled version of the mod somehow... (I am not aware of any other options to be honest).

My question would be -- how should that be done? Assuming I am aiming for some really far away future, like teeworlds 1.0 or so.

be happy

Re: A way to make mods run better? make client compile mod in a sandbox?

I think you're on point, and it would be great to have a Teeworlds modification that experiments around that. Some day, given enough time :)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Re: A way to make mods run better? make client compile mod in a sandbox?

You could experiment with the server tunings to accomplish your needs.

I once tried to emulate multiple gravitys by sending different tunings to different clients and tricked them that way.
I know, that not everything is possible, but thats a beginning smile