Topic: #1900 Design Diskussion: about Assists in the Scoreboard for kill supp

#1900 Issue: Design Diskussion: about Assists in the Scoreboard for kill supports

themisak opened issue at 2018-12-17 20:22:

Hey Guys,

In Vanilla gameplay sometimes someone does 95% of the Damage and another Person makes the kill and gets a kill score in the scoreboard but the guy who actually made most of the Damage stays unmentioned and gets nothing!

I think it would be Great to Add assists for kills in the Scoreboard. So if someone makes 95% of the damage or at least helps for a kill he should get a reward in form of an assist in the scoreboard.
(Like other games like league of legends have it too)

What do you guys think about it?

Kind regards

Fisico commented at 2018-12-17 20:53:

Great idea.
But how should assist be counted? Only stats, or + 0.5 points to score? Thinking of deadmatch to 20 for example.
If you do more than 50% damage you should get an assist point. Also if you shoot a player of the cliff.

sepulzera commented at 2018-12-17 21:05:

50 % overall? Or should it be time based? 50 % of the health he had 3 seconds before? Will the "50 % threshold" be reset when the player picks health up? Will it be reset when the player gains full health? ...

themisak commented at 2018-12-17 22:26:

I think it should be time based, as assist means assists.

I think it would be best if even if you only give the opponent 1 pistel shot its already an assist. Because it helped to kill the guy.

It should be time based. The question is how long it shal be counted as assist though?

I'm not sure but I think something inbetween 1 to 3 seconds should be fine..

Dune-jr commented at 2018-12-17 22:39:

I don't think score matters that much that an obscure assist system would be worthwhile

fokkonaut commented at 2018-12-17 22:48:

Its called kill stealing.

Zatline commented at 2018-12-18 00:08:

I think assists should be rewared in some way or another there are games like Battlefield that even count some assists as a kill which in my opinion is kinda fair and quite a modern thing to do.
I'm not saying tw should start counting assists as kills no no no but reward in terms of score would deffinetly help it up. The scoresystem needs some revamp anyway there where plans in 2013 have to go trough some folders find that .txt file ..

1stDecadeTW commented at 2018-12-18 00:30:

I agree with @Zatline

Not Luck, Just Magic.