Topic: #33 Add race game mode.

#33 Issue: Add race game mode.
Labels: code-related, feature, gameplay

oy opened issue at 2010-09-02 23:50:

YES! We will have it.
- No player collision or weapons.
- Must be time limited. ~10 minutes should be good.
- During the time, players race to get the fastest time.
- Players can reset at anytime using a button, taking them back to the start with a count down to start race.
- The player with the fastest lap wins.

Fisico commented at 2010-10-13 12:02:

we have a racemod by sushi & redix we dont need a official racemod
i think noone will play it

Ubu- commented at 2010-10-13 15:41:

"we have a racemod by sushi & redix we dont need a official racemod
i think noone will play it"
If it is added, the race mod of sushi and redix will be simply replaced by the official one.

GreYFoX commented at 2010-10-17 20:34:

i thought that this means merging Sushi's and Redix's mod in vanilla !!

i didn't know it meant creating one just for vanilla

i think Sushi should add his in Vanilla teeworlds and Oy pulls him

oy commented at 2010-10-18 11:55:

This ticket about adding a race gametype was created almost 3 years ago (about time that it gets done) - it's not about adding the race mod.

GreYFoX commented at 2010-10-18 19:33:

that's bad i always thought this talked about race mod :(

well i wish you would consider it thoroughly.

but anyway it's good that race would be in vanilla game types

Fisico commented at 2010-10-20 08:47:

i have a bad feeling with a new racemod
noone will play it cause the racemod by sushi & redix ist better and with records etc...
take the racemod by sushi & redix or don't make one
this is only my opinion

Ubu- commented at 2010-10-20 11:43:

If you look at the features of the future race gametype, you can see that it will be pretty similar to the actual racemod... So no need to worry.
Having a race gametype could provide some features that aren't possible in the actual racemod. We can imagine a power suit item that prevents you from grenade jump damages for example.

Zatline commented at 2011-03-01 18:06:

"We can imagine a power suit item that prevents you from grenade jump damages for example." I like the Idea. :D
But I'm not sure if we should make all maps as a lap, i like sprints (none laps) more than laps.

And second (@ "No weapons.")! It's possibly bad without rocket launcher, maybe you should rethink it.
If we support grenade launcher, without suit but with damage, It would give us the opportunity to use the armor and heart. :)

Ubu- commented at 2011-03-01 18:36:

- "But I'm not sure if we should make all maps as a lap, i like sprints (none laps) more than laps."
  I don't think the author meant that there should be multiple laps like in racing games. I guess he was more thinking of defrag, the racing mod of Quake 3. The maps would be similar to the maps of the current race mod.
- "No player collision or weapons."
  It doesn't say "no weapons", but no collision with weapons. It means that if someone launches a grenade, I don't see it, it doesn't touch me (like in the current race mod).
- "It would give us the opportunity to use the armor and heart. :)"
  The power suit would be an item, so mappers would decide themselves if they want to use hearts/armors or not.

themisak commented at 2018-12-19 14:26:

Just add the Racemod by redix and all is fine

Dune-jr commented at 2018-12-19 16:51:

@themisak It's not so easy. It has to be properly included client-side, too. I doubt some features like SQL integration would make it also, it doesn't fit Teeworlds.

Fudgyking commented at 2018-12-20 05:37:

A simple race mod that saves records locally would not be enough?

Not Luck, Just Magic.