1 (edited by heinrich5991 2018-10-13 22:07:31)

Topic: 0.6.5 released

Same story as with 0.6.3 and 0.6.4, again we're doing a release to fix a vulnerability. If you're actively playing Teeworlds, you likely already noticed that a lot of servers were full of "(connecting)" clients. This was possible because you could forge the connection packet in a way that made it seem like it came from an arbitrary IP address.

Other than that, the release is mostly technical, allowing to build Teeworlds with the popular CMake build system and fixing a build error with gcc. Additionally, the initial connection handshake turned out to be unnecessarily slow: The client waited 500ms before sending the initial info for player name, clan, tee color, etc.

Go download it now!

It looks like the 0.7.0 release is also coming closer, so maybe this release will have a short lifespan.

Re: 0.6.5 released

Please update your clients and servers as soon as possible, so people can continue playing.

The server info remains open to IP spoofing with this release, unfortunately. Fixing that would currently require an extra round trip with each server.

People writing client/server mods should probably also update their code.

Awesome thanks c:

#yemDX is a known troll!
but onbgy is the biggest troll
and deen always trolls, he just makes it so perfect that u think hes not

It seems that the Windows binary does not start on Windows 7. I'll look into why that happens. hmm

Please update the GitHub repo

Marcely99 wrote:

Please update the GitHub repo

Currently lives at https://github.com/heinrich5991/teeworlds/tree/fix-0.6, sorry for that.

heinrich5991 wrote:

It seems that the Windows binary does not start on Windows 7. I'll look into why that happens. hmm

Should be fixed now.

Oh boy am I happy to see my favorite game getting an update after quite a while, a big THANK YOU for that.

Yup, THANK YOU to everyone involved in that release!
Unfortunately I hardly get into playing games these days, but I'm happy to see people are still caring here.

The release of the legenday version 0.7.0... one day it will come. It will be a historic day we'll all remember! ^^

Loving TW since 2010 smile

how i need to update the clients?!

11 (edited by 2018-10-23 19:07:53)

robvanwanrooij1 wrote:

how i need to update the clients?!

You can download the 0.6.5 client here: https://www.teeworlds.com/?page=downloads&id=12543

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Additionally, and since it has been asked before, the three commits related to patching the security issue are:

Not Luck, Just Magic.