Topic: Using Teeworlds sprites/sources

I was just wondering if I'm allowed to use the Teeworlds sprites (flags, hearts, weapons, particles... really anything), and/or sources (or part of sources) for any project, no matter wether it's commercial or not.

I think the answer is yes (I'm allowed) but I'd rather be sure before doing anything.

Also, do you want credits? Or is it ok if I don't add credits? (I'm thinking about adding credits, but I also may not).

I was thinking about sending a PM to an admin, but I think it's better if everybody can read this (so that this question won't be asked later - I hope)

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Re: Using Teeworlds sprites/sources

TeeWorlds license wrote:

All content under 'data' and 'datasrc' except the font (which has its own license) is
released under CC-BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/).

Wikipedia wrote:

Attribution (BY)     Licensees may copy, distribute, display and perform the work and make derivative works and remixes based on it only if they give the author or licensor the credits (attribution) in the manner specified by these.

Wikipedia wrote:

Share-alike (SA)     Licensees may distribute derivative works only under a license identical ("not more restrictive") to the license that governs the original work. (See also copyleft.) Without share-alike, derivative works might be sublicensed with compatible but more restrictive license clauses, e.g. CC BY to CC BY-NC.)

So you can use them, modify them, but you need to add appropriate credits and always keep this license for any images that is based on them (like if you add new weapons for example).

Thank you necro!

Alright so I guess if I write like "Credits to Teeworlds" and write that "some images are released under CC-BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)" it's ok, right?

I'm sorry if I'm repeating myself, I just wanna be careful about these credits/license stuff. I already knew about the license file, but I wrote here just to really be sure. smile

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

The 0.6 graphics don't use the cc-license. You can pretty much do whatever you want with them - giving credits isn't required. (License)

Remember the 80s - good times smile