Topic: Compiling Teeworlds Android version on Windows

hello, someone know how is possible to do it?
where I find the required "ant" tool for android sdk/ndk?
Has someone already do this?

thanks for your answers!  smile

Re: Compiling Teeworlds Android version on Windows

It's not possible. You will need to install some kind of Linux environment first:  https://www.linux.com/learn/howdy-ubunt … ng-started

Then, follow build instructions: https://github.com/pelya/commandergeniu … /teeworlds

ok, thanks

4 (edited by CarmineZ 2017-05-06 20:45:28)

Hello, it seems that you haven't read my PM !
To    pelya
Status    delivered
Subject    ANOTHER QUESTION
is possible to compile and build teeworlds server* in the vps lowendspirit?
* linux version

removing bots from android version...
Hello pelya,
have you a copy of teeworlds's source for android without bots?
I would study (read) the clean difference between 0.6.4 official and your android porting.
I hope is easy to get my request,
thanks anyway

This forum does not send email notifications, email me directly.
Bots sources are private, I did not publish them. Main game sources are here: https://github.com/pelya/teeworlds

7 (edited by CarmineZ 2017-08-28 14:50:50)

yes I know... I just want to remove bots from android version, because are useless for my mod...  I have already do a. patch file to compare your source with official. But only from src/ directory. it seem short, not too long for reading and understand

thanks.. I will do the same comparison with this version

pelya wrote:

It sends email notifications when you get a PM as far as I know.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
pelya wrote:

It sends email notifications when you get a PM as far as I know.

You can get email notifications by clicking "Subscribe" at the forum, if that feature isn't broken.

heinrich5991 wrote:

You can get email notifications by clicking "Subscribe" at the forum, if that feature isn't broken.

It was broken for me since I registered here.
And yes, I have clicked "Subscribe", and my email address is correct.

pelya wrote:
heinrich5991 wrote:

The feature works for me. Is your email address correct? Which provider do you use?

heinrich5991 wrote:
pelya wrote:
heinrich5991 wrote:

The feature works for me. Is your email address correct? Which provider do you use?

Oh, it works now, never mind then smile

13 (edited by CarmineZ 2017-11-15 20:19:57)

I have installed debian on a logic partition of the hardisk, finally now i have linux!
In the past I have tried some distribution (ubuntu, opensuse, mint) but now, after many research to be better informed, I choosed Debian for many reason: is the most used distibution for server (so I can pratice with an OS of the same family), famous for stability with the lower percentage of crashs...

> is the most used distribution for server
Cause Debian is the root Distro of a whole lot of distros, everything Ubuntu based, etc etc.

> famous for stability.
If you need stability, use CentOS

> lowest percentage of crashes
I never had any crash. With no Distro.

But the biggest drawback: software is pretty outdated. For a computer, I would recommend Ubuntu or any of its derivatives, cause you get newer software with it (a few things might still be outdated, but not most of the stuff). On servers, it depends on your needs. Often I would recommend Ubuntu but if extreme stability is necessary, CentOS is the way to go (or, well, RHEL if you have a lot of money. But then you might also consider SLES)

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

15 (edited by unsigned char* 2017-11-16 03:39:30)

If it's a personal computer... try Manjaro (based on Arch Linux)! and for notebooks i recommend use the i3wm... is f*** awesome!
You have pacman for "trusted" packages or yaourt for all other (AUR = The jungle! xD)...

@unsigned char* I don't know if it's best to recommend an arch to a Linux newbie...... Hence I omitted it.

Tho of course, he's right ^

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

There's also Ubuntu shell in Windows 10. No need to repartition hard drive or touch bootloader, and it's not a virtial machine, so it's fast.

Schwertspize wrote:

> famous for stability.
If you need stability, use CentOS

But the biggest drawback: software is pretty outdated. For a computer, I would recommend Ubuntu or any of its derivatives, cause you get newer software with it (a few things might still be outdated, but not most of the stuff). On servers, it depends on your needs. Often I would recommend Ubuntu but if extreme stability is necessary, CentOS is the way to go (or, well, RHEL if you have a lot of money. But then you might also consider SLES)

Debian is a pretty good choice for a desktop computer as well IMO.

I am a newbie but I am a modder of source code, so I am enoght familiar with command line (cmd, terminal) when need to intervent manually.
I like debian ethics philosophy too.

20 (edited by unsigned char* 2017-11-16 20:25:38)

(sorry for offtopic)

I have used debian for a long time... among other distributions based on it like Ubuntu, Mint, ... is a very good distro but if you like have updated packages you need add unstable branches... (and why use debian if really i'm using "unstable" repos?)
Manjaro is Arch Linux for "newbies"... and you have more packages than Debian (Official+AUR)... rolling-release.... I use it both on desktop (KDE) and on the laptop (i3wm).
** I say this thinking of a use as a personal computer

i3wm yeah... perhaps it's not good for people without any experience in Linux environments... but remember it and try it later xD

P.S: KDE Connect APP is very usefull... you have notifications, remote control, file sharing, etc...

21 (edited by CarmineZ 2017-11-17 12:25:05)

my problem is that I am not able to build the teeworlds version under development (branch master) 0.7
I don't understand how install the SDL and Freetype in a correct way.
Now i tried in Debian but when I follow the "compile everything" guide, he has only the python package already installed, but not find the others!
I would build also in linux because I want to make the android version.
For now is enought a solution for windows OS, can someone write a more explicit guide?

22 (edited by CarmineZ 2018-03-17 19:04:41)

Someone know how to install freetype/sdl on windows for compile Teeworlds?
for this question, I maybe have found an answer in this topic (but is a bit out of date)
I solved in this way...
I put the folders "lib" and "include" of the archive SDL Development Libraries into <teeworlds source>/other/sdl/
For the freetype, after many tries, I just copied from the branch 0.6 only the following 2 files:
freetype.lib into <teeworlds source>/other/freetype/lib/x86/         (after this, finally I built the client  yikes )
freetype.dll into main folder <teeworlds source>      (because the executale client made an error on run without it)

I downloaded also the FreeType development library and copyed the 'include' folder into <teeworlds source>/other/freetype

but need also to rename the "datasrc" folder in his classic name "data"
and to move the client frome the build path into the main folder...

So I had a prewiev of the 0.7, it seems grown with nice improvements big_smile

23 (edited by unsigned char* 2017-11-20 00:15:42)

Yes, mistake wink
** A moderator please remove this message! sry for inconveniences.

Now on Windows 10, with the software Visual Studio Community 2017, is possible to install tools for develop mobile application with .net, javascript or c++ (or all 3 together)...
in the c++ option there are included Android NDK(R13B) and Apache Ant (1.9.3), many sdk and other sdk and ndk optional...
is possible to compile the android version with this environment ?

I doubt it, symlinks are still required to compile TeeWorlds repo.