Topic: [MOD] Hunt & Gather (H&G)

The goal of making this mod was to give an interesting new gametype that follows the K.I.S.S principle and has enough elements of the vanilla gameplay (in particular fighting). It can be played on the standard maps.

In this mod you have to collect food (blue dots), which increases your score. You can steal the food of others by hurting them (1 point per damage).

The food you have decays with a half-life, i.e. the more food you have the faster you lose it.

There is no health or shield, you die when your score drops below zero.

So because it's not about killing, but about doing damage the mod is played with vanilla weapons.

The score of a tee is indicated by its color (0 is green and scorelimit is red).

The gameplay highly depends on the amount of food on the map, the time-scale on which it decays and how much collecting food matters with respect to doing damage. These parameters and others can be adjusted by the following commands, but the default values result in an interesting dynamic imo:

sv_food_spread :
    Average area per food (higher means less food) (default is 75)
sv_food_expiration :
    Time until the food disappears in seconds. 0 = infinity (default 20); This one is not that important but is needed, so that food doesn't accumulate in unreachable areas
sv_food_calories :
     Points that each dot gives (default 1). If you make this higher then hunting is less significant.
sv_food_drain :
     0 or 1, determines when new food is generated: 0->(Total Food stays constant); 1 -> (Total Food + Scores) stays constant
sv_score_halflife:
    Halflife time of the score. 0 disables. (default 30)

Here's the github link: https://github.com/Ace-teeworlds/Collect-mod
Also, if you want to test it there's a server running at 176.9.118.102:12301 , but for some reason I can't connect to it all the time.

Re: [MOD] Hunt & Gather (H&G)

Seems funny!
Maybe shields are better than dots ? At least a new player will know that's a pickup