Topic: It's possible to create a whole new game using Teeworlds as a base?

It's possible to create a whole new game using Teeworlds as a base (engine)? Someone already did it?

I'm asking this because i want to create a 2D platform game, that have story mode, online PVP/co-op, a map editor,  good physics, replay save, and is super lightweight. Teeworlds engine have everything except the story mode. (Need to create savepoints between maps, mobs with ai, and textboxes)

And yes, i already have heard of many easy-to-use engines, sadly, most of the games that use them, run awful on an old computer. (Even with games much more simpler than Teeworlds) :<

2 (edited by xush 2016-08-17 01:00:04)

Re: It's possible to create a whole new game using Teeworlds as a base?

Sure it is, credits are appreciated but not required.

I'd say: Happy coding! wink

License conditions/restrictions:

1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
  misrepresented as being the original software.
3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.

Source: https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/ … icense.txt

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

gcbrawl wrote:

It's possible to create a whole new game using Teeworlds as a base (engine)? Someone already did it?

I'm asking this because i want to create a 2D platform game, that have story mode, online PVP/co-op, a map editor,  good physics, replay save, and is super lightweight. Teeworlds engine have everything except the story mode. (Need to create savepoints between maps, mobs with ai, and textboxes)

And yes, i already have heard of many easy-to-use engines, sadly, most of the games that use them, run awful on an old computer. (Even with games much more simpler than Teeworlds) :<

User @Siile is currently doing this. His mod/starting point can be found here: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11977

also you have a message in your inbox.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

Teeworlds works well as a base for a game, but do you work well with Teeworlds?

For reference, it took me two years of modding Teeworlds to know the basics well enough to start with a separate game (I used SFML previously), but I'm a slow learner so don't let me discourage you. wink