Topic: Hosting.

Hi!
I would host my own server for teeworld
Idk how to, please help me
I Just need website with 512 MB ssd or low
Whos hosting server 24/7
And have FTP

Thanks for read. I hope you would help me.

2 (edited by jxsl13 2016-02-26 20:01:58)

Re: Hosting.

You can try starting a teeworlds server on your computer first.
And watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ2fmSyarPU
In order to host a teeworlds server, a simple website will not do the job, because you cannot execute binary files, but only upload websites and so on into your webspace.
You will need at least to have a vpn server to run a teeworlds server.

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Jxsl13: you will need at least to have a vpn server to run a teeworlds server.

Not true. I know at least a few hoster where you don't get a vps but can run teeworlds without limitations. I will soon try a proof of concept using such hardware as some mentioned

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Stuff like nitrado sucks, simply said

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Oh, of course, I never said they were cool. I meant shared hoster or even Webhoster

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Hi again
Thanks for all answers
I can easier start online server on open ports but when i go sleep I must turn it off. And this is why I looking for hosting.
Anyway do you know how to other people host server 24/7?

Sorry for my poor english.

Vps means you rent a part of a machine standing in a Datacenter and running 24/7. Either you rent some yourself and do it yourself or you look for other hosters (for example, i used to host teeworlds server for free as a nice man but stopped recently. I hope to start again in maybe a week or something. If you want to, I can host one for you, if so, please write me a pm)

It is really easy, you need to look for a virtual server which offers a good connection and enough bandwidth (100gb+ per month should be more than enough)

There are many interesting offers on https://lowendbox.com , which are all capable of running multiple Servers. You do need to work on a console to set it up though, but it is very easy and requires 7 steps with this tutorial (make sure to change the files to the 0.63 equivalents with the links from the download page): http://forum.haphost.com/index.php?/top … ux-debian/ .

Some tips: use debian minimal on the OS Selection of your Virtual Server and install nano with "apt-get install nano". Nano allows you to create and edit a config file, since there is no config file included in the download. It is basically a text editor, type "nano config.cfg" and you are good to go. Ctrl + X closes the window and asks you if you want to save the file.

Teeworlds is 8 years old now, which makes setting up your own server easy. to access the console of your server you usually start a ssh session with putty. Pasting is done via right clicking the console window.

TDM Rotation 24/7 - 81.4.101.88:8303   List all 3 Servers without typing the IP by searching for rota in-game at the Serverlist
CTF  Rotation 24/7 - 81.4.101.88:8304
DM    Rotation 24/7 - 81.4.101.88:8305     Rotation-Server Forum Thread