1 (edited by 2016-02-24 05:31:59)

Topic: Server problems

Hello, I have recently started up a server, and I would like help with a specific part.  I have tried to use a custom made map on my server, but it will only use the map that I have had set up before I changed it to the custom one (Ex. I had dm1 set up, then changed it to ctfr1 (my custom map) and to ctf but it stayed as dm1 and dm).  I have my files in the correct places as I have changed it to a custom map before, but now it won't work.  I would like to know is anyone else has had this problem and if there is a solution.  If anyone needs more information I am happy to share it.  Thank you in advance if you are able to help.

Also, I have found that if I change anything in the server config it still does not change anything in the game as well.  Not only the maps.  I have also had trouble even finding the server in the list.  Often I have to refresh many times before it shows up, and sometimes I have to completely restart my game and/or server for it to show up at all (yes I do have all things unchecked).  Please help if you can and if you are also having similar problems, state it here so you can get help as well.

Re: Server problems

Could you post the config you're using (sans rcon password of course)?

sv_map ctfr1
sv_gametype ctf

put that in the config?

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

Re: Server problems

Which config are you using? Is it an autoexec.cfg in one of the storage.cfg-dirs?

Otherwise run the server with -f <config>

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)