1 (edited by 2016-01-31 19:15:05)

Topic: VSync and FPS > 60

When I play Teeworlds my fan always runs noisily because of the CPU load. Apparently Teeworlds uses 100% CPU to get the most frames possible, but I would like to limit it to 60 so I don't have to listen to my loud fan.

Turning on VSync and using `cl_showfps 1` gives me around 400! Is this a bug or am I doing it wrong?

Never mind,  it seems like this has been posted before and VSync doesnt work.

EDIT: VSync DOES work, I just had AMD Control Centre to never wait for vertical refresh (VSync)!

Re: VSync and FPS > 60

When I make Teeworlds use my discrete AMD-GPU (I have a mobile switchable graphic solution) and force V-Sync from the Control Panel, it will work, but the game runs very choppy. The in-game V-Sync option doesn't do anything for me.

Analogous to this, I cannot use V-Sync at all when using my Intel GPU, because its control panel doesn't feature any options for games. But my notebook generally stays cooler while using the Intel GPU.

So the best solution for me was using "cl_cpu_throttle 5" (5 was the value which worked best for me). That way, I get around 100 fps, no lag (most of the time) and my fan stays a bit quieter.

Loving TW since 2010 smile