Re: Can you master ban Illuminati (blmapv3royal) server?

Sarcasm wrote:
Teeaster Sterone wrote:

You don't answer questions.

Well I do. I give you as many explainations as you give proovs that we're actually "blocking" other servers.

It's funny because it's all about block servers

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

@HeroiAmarelo
Yes, they represent the perverse blocker mentality that we need to get rid off along with them. smile
Let's make block a fun game and not a troll/rage contest.
Players in OpenFNG don't freeze other players indefinitely to farm and disable them, do they? They play FNG better than blockers play block.

Catch16 is the best mod! It is not zCatch, but its ancestor, only the original is better.

53 (edited by Schwertspize 2015-11-20 21:15:18)

news!

he tries/does ddos me (or he tells me so). and it's not only blocker. also infection class and cstt, dm++, tdm++, dom++ seems to get attached

vali – Heute 10:02
> hast du schon dein geschenk bekommen?

Hey Jude. by The Beatles – Heute 10:03
> Was?

vali – Heute 10:04
> dann is das noch unterwegs

you got a present! - ? what? - oh. it's incoming

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

News!

Tonight, all Illuminati servers were DDoS and down.
They came back under another IP, which is possible because their servers are spoofable, but they were DDoS again and still are down.

Servers also opened, with the map which was previously DDoS, blmapV3Royal+ (by NiKiS).
Ryozuki's server got DDoS by vali after many players joined, so they left.
Rafael opened other, better protected servers, but players didn't follow.

Most players went to a Royal2 server in the end.

Catch16 is the best mod! It is not zCatch, but its ancestor, only the original is better.

55 (edited by east 2015-11-21 13:47:33)

Teeaster Sterone wrote:

Tonight, all Illuminati servers were DDoS and down.
They came back under another IP, which is possible because their servers are spoofable, but they were DDoS again and still are down.

The server provider nfoservers / internap (which they are using) usually null-routes ip addresses for 4 or 8 hours depending on the strength of the DDoS attack (atleast > 10gbit/s). This host doesn't allow IP-Spoofing but you can easily buy additionally IP-Addresses.

Btw. if you want to get rid of most attacks you can just use nfoservers yourself. They are pretty cheap and actually know how to deal with DDoS attacks targeted against gameservsers. That's also the reason why it is used by DDNet.

@east
I was under this assumption, because Captain Teemo sells spoofable servers. If you add him on Skype, that's what his description says. He was also trying to sell one to a player in-game.

east wrote:

That's also the reason why it is used by DDNet.

That's what Teemo said. He said their servers had at least as good protection as xRoThx's servers. However, he and DDNet Chile were still successfully attacked by the exec clan.

Rafael has solved most issues. Illuminati is down and his servers endured their attacks.

news: vali did attack also my minecraft server (including teamspeak)

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Teeaster Sterone wrote:

(...)Illuminati is down(...)

take that, Obama.

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

http://i.prntscr.com/3441a843384349f9b5419f6d01bf016c.png

60 (edited by Teeaster Sterone 2015-11-29 22:58:19)

News!

The Illuminati server is half time down, half time up these last few days.
It has fewer players when up in comparison to the other royal servers by r0x or Rafael.
However, since yesterday, it has regained the upper hand.

Illuminati finally uploaded their own royal map.
They change the credits to theirs and making the second short race part similar to the first (a spread of medium platforms above a long freeze zone that covers most of the surface.
The most striking addition is a membership zone. The entrance is at the start leading by teleport to the new facility in the big outmap square. Only members can access it, others are not only refused access, but killed if trying to.
The members zone can give or remove rainbow, all weapons, including endless, teleport to key parts of the map and give exclusive access to the outmap.

When asked for how to get membership, Teemo said it was with skill, but confirmed it was possible by paying.

Another hidden facility for general use is a hidden room accessible from the end of long race with a dummy, which can give or remove all weapons and teleport to the end race.

They bound sounds to emotes.

The server name changed slightly, being added "S1" at the end.

Comments:

They are advancing their plan despite the recent counter-attacks made against them. Maybe they incited them to act sooner with these change.

They are expanding their privilege system, making it more official and automatic. The placement of the member-only zones is very flashy and superior. They are positioned in sight of everyone, at the end and at the beginning, always on the top. The members have truly a huge advantage. It is becoming a Pay2Win, and if Teemo also gives it to skilled players as he says, it will only unbalance the game even further, giving the strong more options. Killing people who try to enter the membership zone and only warning them afterwards is a further nefarious move, typical of their trolling, just like their server is named "Illuminati" and vali has an alternate name "DDoS.exe".

They are most likely making money out of it, and will continue more into this direction. It was predictable they would become like Persian blockers in this aspect. Though, I think they are going to make their con even worse.

The only decent change they brought was this long race alternative way, which can create more dynamic, though it is not brilliant mapping either.

The emotes' sounds are a nice idea, though they are still not adjusted. Don't hesitate to use emote spam bots to annoy the servers with horrible sounds; while spamming in chat the truth about Illuminati and the link to this thread http://qr.net/serv

The "S1" indicates they are planning to bring their other servers back.

*snip*

We're all friendly to each other, right? // heinrich5991

Hello,
I would like to publish the truth of the DDoS-Attacks.
In fact It was me.
And as a H4x0r Pro like me I will give you all a tutorial, how to be the biggest DDoS-hacker ever.
Here's the link:
https://jumpshare.com/b/4JazypWqn3Vm5feKMPcg

This one looks like sockpuppet registered just for annoying people.. Banned // heinrich5991

@Pwned 's link isn't a virus, I checked on VirusTotal: it is just a pseudo-tutorial in images.

What happened with @curifex, @heinrich5991?

News!

Just now, Illuminati has confirmed their VIP is paying, which they were denying before.

On their server, they broadcasted "Want to become VIP? Sent a PM to Captain Teemo".
Eventually, they also answered publicly on chat.

The price is 10€. They accept anything: Bitcoin, PayPal, ...
According to Teemo, one will not need to pay more if they upgrade.
They don't give it for free to all their old friends, as Teemo claimed he had too many old friends to do this.

This VIP works on all their servers.
Once you are VIP, you can become exec, though it is not precised how or what it really means.

On the chat, some players were enthusiastic, while others, aware of their scheme, criticized them.

Comments:

The predictable outcome of their boring scheme.
Being exec, which looks like a higher status than VIP, is probably more expensive, giving more privileges such as admins powers, but it is not clear yet how they will handle it.

They are not trying hard to hard it, especially at this stage.
They have mostly finished setting it up, so they maybe don't need to anymore.
It is highly possible they don't fear accusations at all, actually enjoying it, as they troll.

none of this is grounds for a master server ban IIRC

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

67 (edited by Tinlex 2015-12-05 02:54:33)

Its nice to read this holy shit here inside. I read all the assertions here, but just sometimes i read a good refute. If all you guys here can prove all the assertions you told we can talk about and can think about what we can do better. All players tell us so fucking shit, and so many players tell us things, we dont even know. Today someone ask me :

one guy say the last week , vali and the other host and adm, pick your ip and send packet and then they can throw you in your pc all they want, (sry again for my english)

and i thought WTF, and this is not the only one who ask me creepy things like this, what i can recognize from it? Many people tell many shit, please dont believe what all guys tell to you. Ask is not verry expensive and if you have a question just ask Teemo Vali or Me.

What comes around, goes around smile wink

Teeaster Sterone, first of all thanks for support. Your statements are true.(I laughed very very often big_smile)I dont read everything, but yeah its war against each server. We also tried to run our servers (Contra + Toasty) but its very hard. Because they still will be people out there who know to ddos some TW servers and its hard to get them to our server without it^^

Interesting stuff in this topic. My clan is working on the problem with "vali". I hope we get it.

70 (edited by Teeaster Sterone 2015-12-10 18:07:16)

pielover88888 wrote:

You must have missed the part where, you know, they DDoS other Teeworlds server, DDNet ones included.
If this is not grounds for master-ban, what is? Using type tag "CTF" for another mod? This is trivial in comparison.
Think about it. You get master-ban if you use "CTF" or "DM" or "TDM" in your server for something other than these mods. This is because this creates confusion if you are not banned, players can't know anymore the mods because you can lie about it. But here, Illuminati is doing worse. They are not just mislabelling their server, they are CLOSING OTHER SERVERS, *snip*.

@Tinlex
*snip*

Tinlex wrote:

Today someone ask me :

*snip*

Tinlex wrote:

Ask is not verry expensive and if you have a question just ask Teemo Vali or Me.

Yes, to start I ask you to answer to the evidence presented in this topic. Also, I ask vali and Teemo 100 times to answer, 90% the time they just find excuses to not post, like "When there is some real accusation, I will answer" and when they actually answer, *snip*

News!

Since a few days, Illuminati is down again and the other servers are running.

Comments:

I don't know the pattern of the counter-attack against Illuminati. Maybe making it continuous costs more money. I have few details.

Rafael server is the most popular. There are some here and there who have some players as well. The server and map diversity is flourishing once again.

Removed some of the nastier parts of the post // heinrich5991

There was no nasty part. I am only exposing how nasty Tinlex and all this Illuminati staff is! No thanks for these "edits".

71 (edited by [pieLover] 2015-12-09 03:14:25)

Teeaster Sterone wrote:
pielover88888 wrote:

You must have missed the part where, you know, they DDoS other Teeworlds server, DDNet ones included.
If this is not grounds for master-ban, what is? Using type tag "CTF" for another mod? This is trivial in comparison.
Think about it. You get master-ban if you use "CTF" or "DM" or "TDM" in your server for something other than these mods. This is because this creates confusion if you are not banned, players can't know anymore the mods because you can lie about it. But here, Illuminati is doing worse. They are not just mislabelling their server, they are CLOSING OTHER SERVERS, *snip*.

Q: Are they having modded servers running on reserved gametypes: "CTF", "DM", or "TDM"? "TDM_" would be allowed for example IIRC. If they are doing that, then they should be banned, but I think they'd get unbanned the instant they notify Kotizen they changed it to something not 'reserved'.

Shutting down other's servers via DDoS's aren't related to their server, but it is illegal and they should be busted. Taking their server off the serverlist won't stop them from DDoSing, but I agree they should be stopped.
I don't think getting money out of people has ever come up with Teeworlds before, but I believe the open source license allows it to be used for commercial purposes..but it feels wrong, but should the master server admins act on that is the question

Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

Since this topic is getting unfriendly I'm going to close it. I believe the official decision was to stay away from inter-server conflicts. If you wish to have the topic re-opened, please PM me.

I reopened this topic on request. Remember forum rule

Respect the other forum members, moderators and developers

I will be less lenient regarding offenses in this topic from now on, be warned.

74 (edited by Teeaster Sterone 2015-12-10 17:51:21)

@pielover88888
I am not saying Illuminati is using CTF for something other than CTF... WTF! XD wink
I am saying that they are doing something worse and gave an explanation about it, and therefore as mislabelling standard game mod warrants a master-ban, what they are doing warrants a master-ban as well!

pielover wrote:

but I believe the open source license allows it to be used for commercial purposes..

Yes, of course. The Persian blocker servers have been doing it before. Well, it just makes some servers a Pay2Win, which is usually bad, but it is not a problem, because there are other servers which are not Pay2Win, so players have a choice.
Except with Illuminati, they don't. This is a scam. They are like lobbies who force their product which is inferior, and they are even in illegality.

However, before calling lawyers and such, and spending even more money, there are much easier solutions. Master-ban would be best. It is easy to implement, costs nothing, and makes the more sense. DDoS Illuminati brings about the same results as master-ban, only it costs more and is dangerous since it can be illegal.

Moderation can be discussed in private or on the IRC channel // heinrich5991

heinrich5991 wrote:

I believe the official decision was to stay away from inter-server conflicts.

So you agree with listing a server which is blocking the other servers on your list?

75 (edited by [pieLover] 2015-12-10 18:12:24)

While I agree the things they're doing are bad, the official rulebook either doesnt say anything relevant as to how-should-we-handle-this, or it says "we don't stick our heads where it doesn't belong". smile  So if it isn't the latter, how do y'all admins decide to write the rules regarding server for profit (especially with that being allowed in the license) and/or purposefully DDoSing competing servers to get more traffic and money?
Even if they decided to masterban them, it'd be a game of whack-a-mole with new IP's coming from everywhere, so it wouldn't help too much :<