Re: [MOD] InfectionClass (Work in progress)

Small news:

DDNet compatibility
In order to avoid spoofing, the mod is now compatible with the connexion system of DDNet.

The Hero
This is a new human class that can survive to one infection but can't be healed by a medic. He start with all vanilla weapons (but he can't self damage with grenades). He must find a randon blue flag, only visible by him, to gain health and heal all humans.

IRC
I've created an IRC channel #infclass in QuakeNet.

New Internationalization System for InfClass!

We are now using Transifex for translation. Please us it if you want to submit a new translation.

Arabic is now supported without the use of the /ar command. Just write arabic in the chat and the result will be correct for everyone (even if you mix it with english). Hindi/Arabic numerals are also used for the arabic translation. In general, numbers and timers are display accordingly to the chosen language smile

78 (edited by Deepfinder 2016-11-05 18:04:15)

necropotame wrote:

New Internationalization System for InfClass!

We are now using Transifex for translation. Please us it if you want to submit a new translation.

Arabic is now supported without the use of the /ar command. Just write arabic in the chat and the result will be correct for everyone (even if you mix it with english). Hindi/Arabic numerals are also used for the arabic translation. In general, numbers and timers are display accordingly to the chosen language smile

You auto-translate the arabic-spam text to english?!

I will be banned if I troll again ...

79 (edited by necropotame 2016-11-05 19:02:01)

What do you mean ? The Arabic translation is not done yet. I've only reused the old one that is not really good.

Edit: If you are talking about the compatibility with Arabic in the chat, no, it's not about auto-translation. It's just that Arabic needs some process because it's written right to left and use a lot of ligatures. InfClass servers now automatically inverse the letters order and add ligatures in order to make Arabic readable.

About the leaver penalty,

When there are 3 players online, 2 infected and 1 human,
then 1 infected leaves, he gets banned.
I think this is bad, an infected player that leaves should only be banned if his leaving causes a human to be infected.

Another issue,
The ban is an ip ban, meaning if there are 3 people playing with the same ip and 1 leaves and gets banned,
the other 2 get kicked and banned too.
Instead the server should only prevent banned ips to join but not kick banned ips while they are playing.

Not a huge issue, just wanted to report this

It's a known bug, but thanks to report smile

Informations related to InfClass can be found in our Discord server: https://discord.gg/AUMnK5K
You will find players, information related to servers and source code. See you later!

Bad news. Necropotame has been left the Discord servers! sad

DanilBest wrote:

Bad news. Necropotame has been left the Discord servers! sad

What does that mean? has he left the comunity all together?

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

Mostly, for the time being.

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

86 (edited by DanilBest 2018-04-12 13:01:42)

what would has leaving for necro, but somethings this joined and leaved for 2015-2018. I was thing this mostly worked for projects, just today necro can joined and leaving now!

87 (edited by ChrIstMas`iPro 2019-02-10 21:57:42)

Hey guys, I'd like to join your InfClass Discord Server. To anyone: can you send me a Server invite?

Currently there is one InfClass discord server here: https://discord.gg/Sxk5ssv

89 (edited by FluffyTee 2019-02-22 11:02:47)

As already said Necropotame does not develop InfClass anymore.

If you are interested in a slightly modified version(feature wise), have a look at:
GitHub repository

The servers can be found on 0.6 with the name Official Infclass 2.

New features:

• Overall game balancing

• 1 more human and 2 more zombie class

• Many different config vars for server and weapon behavior

• bug fixes

Just a general update on this mod as of October 2020 if anyone's interested:

The version of InfectionClass known as InfClassR, oi2, or oi8304 is no longer available on any Europe or US-based server. What remains are the two active Official Infclass servers, and a new Russia-based server named "infNext", hosted and developed by Pure_Luck, available via both 0.7 and 0.6 clients.

A million thanks go to developers, hosters, and organisers of oi2 including, but not exclusively, Breton, Debian 10, FluffyTee, Ipoopi, Water Malone, and Yavl.