1 (edited by necropotame 2015-12-12 11:03:14)

Topic: [MOD] InfectionClass (Work in progress)

Work in progress

Description

InfectionClass is a team game between humans and infected. All players start as human. 10 seconds later, two players become infected.

The goal for humans is to survive until the army clean the map (a big final explosion).
The goal for infected is to infect all humans.

The gameplay is based on a class system for both humans and infected. All pickups (hearts, armors, guns) are removed from the map, and ammo is regenerated for all weapons. When the round start, humans can choose a class by clicking on a weapon.

http://s15.postimg.org/71bn10kg7/classchooser.jpg http://s14.postimg.org/ab6xbwigt/engineer.jpg http://s13.postimg.org/505nrphtf/soldier.jpg

List of human classes

Engineer: The Engineer can build walls with his hammer to block infected. When an infected touch the wall, he dies. The lifespan of a wall is 30 seconds, and walls are limited to one per player at the same time.

Soldier: The Soldier can pose floating bombs with his hammer. Each bomb can explode three times. Use the hammer to place the bomb and explode it multiple times. Bombs are limited to one per player at the same time.

Ninja: The Ninja can throw flash grenades that can freeze infected during three seconds. His hammer is replaced by a katana, allowing him to jump two times before touching the ground.

Medic: The Medic can protect humans with his hammer by giving them armor. He has also a powerful shotgun that can pullback infected.

List of infected classes

Smoker: The Smoker can infect humans and heal infected with his hammer. He can also inflict 4 damage points per seconds by hooking humans.

Boomer: The Boomer explodes when he attack. All humans affected by the explosion become infected. He can also inflict 1 damage point per seconds by hooking humans.

Hunter: The Hunter can infect humans and heal infected with his hammer. He can jump two times in air. He can also inflict 1 damage point per seconds by hooking humans.

Undead: The Undead can infect humans and heal infected with his hammer. Instead of dying, he freezes during 10 seconds. If an infected heals him, the freeze effect disappear. He can also inflict 1 damage point per seconds by hooking humans.

Witch: The Witch can infect humans and heal infected with his hammer. When an infected dies, he may re-spawn near her. If the Witch dies, she disappear and is replaced by an another class of infected. She can also inflict 1 damage point per seconds by hooking humans.

List of commands

/info: Information about the mod.
/help: Rules of the game.
/help <class>: Information about a particular class.
/language <lang>: Change the language of the mod.
/customskin <none|me|all>: Show player skin instead of class-based skin for, respectively nobody, yourself or all humans.
/alwaysrandom <0|1>: Choose automatically random class when the round start.

When you display the scoreboard with <TAB>, you can also navigate through multiple score system using <F3> or <F4> (you must holding <TAB> for that)

Other information

The source code is available here : https://github.com/necropotame/teeworlds-infclass
The official servers are available here (thanks to Schwertspize) :

• Server #1 : 151.80.85.125:8010

• Server #2 : 151.80.85.125:8011

• Server #3 : 151.80.85.125:8012

Translation

The mod is actually available in english, french, german ans russian. If you want to translate the mod, you can do it by translating this file

Thanks & Credits

This mod is made by necropotame, based on the idea of "Infection Mod" by Gravity.

Thanks to Schwertspize (servers, bug report, translation), Defeater (bug report), Orangus (bug report, translation), BlinderHeld (bug report), Warpaint (translation) and SealOfTheTime (translation)

2 (edited by Schwertspize 2015-10-20 22:16:41)

Re: [MOD] InfectionClass (Work in progress)

great mod, especially the boomer big_smile

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

3 (edited by necropotame 2015-10-22 16:50:26)

I've implemented a new class for infected players : The Witch.

The witch do nothing special, but when an infected die, there is 50% of chance that he spawn near a witch.
To equilibrate the game, the probability to be a witch is 1/8. In comparison, the probability to be a boomer or a hunter is 2/8 and the probability to be a zombie is 3/8. In addition, when the witch is killed, she is replaced by an another class.

I don't test this class with other player, so I can just made supposition about how the gameplay is affected.
According to me, witch make the end of the round more difficult, since infected come back faster to the area of action.
But humans can, if possible, decide to kill her to make the game simpler.

I like the mod, the "Soldier" is funny!
But there is still a lot to improve, it would be nice if you create a repo at github!

I will be banned if I troll again ...

5 (edited by Schwertspize 2015-10-23 19:46:37)

Deepfinder there is a repo, my server is based on that

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Oh, didnt see xD

I will be banned if I troll again ...

I currently testing a new class for human: the scientist !
I can build portals using the hammer. These portals works with all players (infected or not) and bullets/grenades.
The scientist is also equipped with a shotgun. The shotgun can push other players and deal usual damage. If not equipped, the shot is still recharging.

http://s21.postimg.org/duqx8qjyr/scientist.jpg

As you can see, the scientist can't stay at the same place since he can't block infected. So he must move all the time, and he can do it very well with his portals. He can also help other human to leave a dangerous place, or trick infected in deadly traps (laser wall + portal).

Deepfinder wrote:

But there is still a lot to improve

Can you precise ? Feel free to add suggestion/bug report on GitHub.

8 (edited by Schwertspize 2015-10-26 16:32:19)

good job.... when do you plan to release? it is good to see active development in such a mod. would you port it to 0.7, would you rewrite it or would you leave it as it is and discontinue work at 0.7 (oy planned to get it released in 2015)

For the 0.7, I will do it later.

For the scientist, it's on the GitHub. I've also added a new infected class : The Undead
The Undead is a rare infected class that can't die. Instead, he is frozen for 10 seconds. It means that he can slowly go trough barrier one per one. Then, human must shoot him all the time or move him with portal/shotgun/hook.
If player get bored with him, they can selfkill, which is the only way to a undead to be dead. Like the witch, when dead, the undead is changed by an another infected class.

I've also changed the random attribution of infected class. Number of witches and undeads are limited to one in the same time (one of each). These classes can appear only if more than 2 players are already infected.

You actually could just modify the network code to get it working on 0.7, it does not seem to be that hard, I might release a patch for that when I find the time to do it.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

xush wrote:

You actually could just modify the network code to get it working on 0.7, it does not seem to be that hard, I might release a patch for that when I find the time to do it.

Might help other modders (me) too! wink

New human class: The Ninja
The Ninja has 3 weapons : Normal gun, flash grenades and ninja sword (and no hammer).
Flash grenades are similar to normal grenade, but instead of producing an explosion, they produce a huge flash explosion. The flash explosion deal no damage, but freeze all infected in its area for 3 seconds.
The ninja sword have no duration but is limited to 3 strikes until you reach the ground. So it's impossible to fly with it.

This class could be useful to clean area full of infected in order to make time for other survivors to rebuild laser walls and portals.

I think this class is mostly useful if you are alone with no team. because if you have to have Grenade launcher equipped to reload grenades and you can't keep that without someone helping you. so you actually have 3 grenades and then forget them. and with only a ninja and a gun (?) you can not ear any area because those WI hammer you in seconds. it's more like a solo class.

You can give the test file smile

YouTube channel -  http://www.youtube.com/c/TeeworldsnoFuny
Fun, Fun, Fun,Fun - more Fun big_smile
Rus Kanal Pe69ITki smile

2_Ta6LeTki_LSD wrote:

You can give the test file smile

You can compile it or record video on official srv.

Apparently, too many peoples use the Ninja class. It was the same with scientist. I would prefer to make random all human classes. But perhaps it enough to disable the ability to choose ninja or scientist. To play of these classes, you need to don't select a class and wait the first infection. Then, the random selection is activated and may be, you will get these two classes.

With this modification, the gameplay will stay focused on laser wall/bomb, but you can get also some cool class sometime.

Can you take a look on my map?

I'm working on it since I think some modifications are required. I didn't try the gameplay aspect yet. But it sems a very good start for an Infection map :-) Thanks for your contribution.

Mod is awesome, I really like to play it.
Specially by a Boomer, and launch other zombies into humans who don't expect anthing big_smile

Orange is my faver color.
Orange and tangerine is my faver fruit.
I never get stuff done, just coz I'm lazy.

Since the server is full most of the time (European timezone), I'm looking for a second server. I've tried with my PC and 12 players come, which means that there is a demand for it.
Schwertspize already host one, and I'm not sure if he can do more. Anyone is interested to host one server with InfectionClass ? The server will needs frequent update (maximum one per day) since I'm still working on the mod.

second server is up: 185.26.156.44:65012

third server is up big_smile Ip: 108.61.177.59:8369

hmm I already had discussions with both necropotame and the actual players. all said that there should not be many servers because those servers would not be full. so maybe I will drop my second server, I'm not sure.

Yes, a third server is not needed yet, but I hope it will be the case later :-) I've no preferences about who host it, but since the mod is in active development, the host must update the server each day, let me be admin and keep the code identical to the git repository.

Today, important update !

• New class : medic

• Ability : He add +2 armor by hammering humans

• Weapon : Gun and shotgun (the precision decrease with ammo)

• All infected deal damage by hooking humans (4hp per sec for smoker, 1hp per second for others)

• All pickups are removed

• Scientists are disabled by default