Topic: Problem running a local server on Debian 8

I'm trying to run a local server. I'm running Debian 8 and I installed teeworlds-server.
The problem is that when I run it it throws "WARNING: No master servers. Retrying in 60 seconds". In my home directory I created a script named "teeworlds_srv.cfg" with the next conent:

sv_name Peace and Love
sv_motd Welcome to Woodstock server!
sv_gametype ctf
sv_warmup 0
sv_map dm1
sv_max_clients 16
sv_scorelimit 1000
sv_rcon_password tee
sv_port 8303

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem running a local server on Debian 8

put
sv_register 0
to disable master servers (or allow the server to connect, it's a firewall setting)

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Schwertspize wrote:

put
sv_register 0
to disable master servers (or allow the server to connect, it's a firewall setting)

sv_register 0 means that your server won't show up in the "Internet" tab of the Teeworlds client.

Your logs indicate that you haven't forwarded port 8303 (UDP) for Teeworlds on your router yet.

Schwertspize wrote:

put
sv_register 0

That won't fix anything, only remove the warning.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Solved it! I specified the bindaddr and everything is fine now! Thanks.

Dune wrote:
Schwertspize wrote:

put
sv_register 0

That won't fix anything, only remove the warning.

I know it won't fix anything, but he told us about a "local server". I call a local server a server available in the local network or on local machine.

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

0rion wrote:

Solved it! I specified the bindaddr and everything is fine now! Thanks.

What did you specify as bindaddr, and what did it solve?